Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kevind123 View Post
    Has anyone gotten this to work with their iPhone 4's? If not I'm buying a Veer in anticipation of my touchpad to get delivered. Hopefully by October there will be a fix in preware or from HP to get it working correctly. My touchpad hasn't been shipped yet so I can't test it yet but has anyone tried using a touchpad with iOS 5 Betas?
    Before you run and get a Veer in hopes of it working with the Touchpad for SMS, be aware that it does not currently work, and signs are hazy as to whether or not HP will release 2.2 software for the Veer at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Can anyone confirm successful use of a device without MAP? I used to use my SE T610 with my Palm TX for years, with some digging I found it didn't have MAP but Palm's tech supported all sorts of devices without it. How? I have no idea, while this current might be pure MAP it's possible they're sourcing their previous method.

See listed devices from 14 June 2005:
    Palm Support : Wireless Networking over Bluetooth for Palm OS

More questions less answers...
    hey brum

the software in that link was made for the palm devices to get map and pan profiles as well as pba, the touchpad already has these except for pan profile (internet over bt)
    Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
    Those that have the HTC EVO 3D .... how did yall get past the the pairing process ?
    I keep getting check the passkey on the touchpad prompt and after presse to pair I get a message that the was a problem pairng because the passkey was incorrect ...
    After you open free tether and finds your device. Then you can minimize free tether and open BT options and try pair. Do not open BT options or try to pair until after it finds your device. Hope this helps.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Thanks guys but all credit to ruben00. Thank him. Was just getting the message out
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by supamanasteel View Post
    No luck with Nexus S 4G. I can get the devices to pair, but texting and calling are a nogo. I try to make a call, and i get an error msg saying there is a problem and to try to call thru the phone. Texts wont work. Device asks me to connect to a phone.
    Any progress from this? I get the same problem.

I managed to place a call a few times, but after around 10 seconds its dropped and TP gives error, though call continues on Nexus handset. I have the 3G version btw.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    how about Bionic???
    Not read all the thread but this has been tested on the HTC Desire HD. Phone works. Will test texting when I get home from work.
    Please dont let this thread die!!!!!

We need as much support as possible to get a 100% working solution here (other then the current workaround... (see page 1).

Lurch
    Sickness273 and pre101 like this.
    how about htc aria?
    For me it doesnt work with my Nexus One @ CM 7.1.
    I can pair both devices but my TouchPad gives me an error, when i make a call.
    I can dial with my TouchPad and the phone call goes to my Nexus One, but then i get this error and the phone call "is just on my mobile phone"
    I'm sure all can receive calls just fine because its just working like a Bluetooth headset
  12. xpl
    Looking brilliant!
    I am very happy for all of the non-webos phone people, and I know this is the thread specifically for that, BUT

is anyone working on a metadoctor to get 2.2 on pre2? Kind of shocked I haven't seen any mention of this yet, but if a bounty is necessary I am certainly willing to pony up.
  14. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    I am very happy for all of the non-webos phone people, and I know this is the thread specifically for that, BUT

is anyone working on a metadoctor to get 2.2 on pre2? Kind of shocked I haven't seen any mention of this yet, but if a bounty is necessary I am certainly willing to pony up.
    Same boat.
    kayphoonstar likes this.
    Tried with Nokia E52 and E72 phones.

Connected successfully but they seen TP as Audio device. So you can make a call from TP but cant send messages. That's a pity. When you go to Prefs&Accounts in Massaging you dont see connected phone at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Same boat.
    So what's the deal with the Pre2? It cant see the touchpad? can you add a bluetooth headset to the Pre2?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Actually, I could place a phone call using instructions here from my n900 not sure if I can do web browsing.

Is it possible to browse internet at all?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Tried with my Nokia n900, I could pair the two devices but when browsing internet HP TP gave me an error as no internet connection.

I suppose there is some kind of network setting that might have to change, any help is greatly appriciated.

Following link has information on how to setup n900 but this for information only if you could find and information to help.

[HOWTO] N900 Bluetooth-PAN Tethering (N900 supplies Internet Access for PC) - maemo.org - Talk
    Im new here but I have been lurking in the background and reading threads since I got my touchpad a few weeks back.

I am sure I have read from loads of different sources that Ad-hoc will not work on the Touchpad yet I have just setup tethering on my iPhone 4, connected my Touchpad and it works fine?

P.s its legitimate tethering via my contract supplier, not my-wi or anything like that.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    OMG! thanks a lot! its working effing perfect with my NOKIA N900!!!!