Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes
    iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2.1 (locked ATT, non-JB)
    Calls work great though no volume control via iPhone or TP. For those who are getting echo use an earphone on your TP because there is no noise cancellation and Speaker/mic are quite close on the TP.

Texting does not work. As I've read thats because of the MAP profiles missing on the iPhone.

Auto-connect does not work, you need to re-connect by tapping in your iPhone bluetooth device list.

Has anyone tried running the tethering app on a JB iPhone and then connected your TP to it ? For data transfer from the iPhone to the TP a tethering app has to run on the phone.

Thanks and Great work so far !
    So I have tested this on my HTC MyTouch/Glacier and the calls work, but no texts. I also tried this on my Dell Venue Pro and the same thing is true. Calls work, but no texts.
    Not working for either calls or texts on HTC Incredible. Pairing process seemed to work fine and the TP says I am connected, but I get an error message when I try to make calls and the messaging app doesn't think I am connected to a phone. When I make a call from my phone, the call pops up on the Touchpad, but there is no audio, even though the audio is set to the Touchpad. Thanks anyway!
    After trying nashballer's steps a few times I got the Blackberry 9650 (O/S version 6.0.1741) to connect. I had to do it a couple times and the passwords that appeared kept getting out of sync..one would show a different password. So I just kept doing it and eventually they matched and paired.

However I can't send or receive SMS. The messaging app shows the phone as SMS but the yellow exclamation mark appears on the message when you try to send it. I can make and phone calls just fine though. That's cool.

I just paired my Sony c905a but when I try to connect them my phone says "BT connection failed". Tried rebooting both and reconnecting the devices but no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by lferrante View Post
    No go on:
    Sony Ericsson C905a
    Blackberry 9650

I do all the steps, and then search from either phone and the no popup ever appears on the TP bluetooth screen. The phones don't see it either.
    Last edited by lferrante; 09/07/2011 at 12:34 PM.
    so without using the tether and just connecting my phone to the tp via bluetooth i can make and receive calls no problem. but i can not text or access the internet. i tried using the freetether and can not connect my phone at all to it. my cell phone is just some old nokia i am using until my new phone comes in the mail. old one got a little wet and dint want to work anymore. so when my new phone comes i know ill be able to get it working fine. but in the meantime is there a way to get calls, texts and internet working using bluetooth?
    ok, it seems like (on the two devices that I have), once you get everything paired to begin with, then if you reboot the touchpad, and only pair them using the upper-right-hand-corner-menu, NOT the bluetooth app, nor opening FreeTether, then they will continue working regularly, just as one would expect.

Your bluetooth device apparently needs to support the MAP profile to be able to do texting. I do not have a phone that is that awesome to test this with.

If/when someone figures out a way to get the Touchpad to use a DUN profile on a device, then that person will officially be King of the World.

BTW, I can verify that my upcoming Google Voice app ( GVoice for webOS ) works great having your GV forwarded to a phone that is paired to the touchpad
    Confirmed working on a LG Rumor Touch [Sprint].
    16GB Touchpad running webOS 3.0.2 / UberKernel [OnDemandTCL1512] / tons of patches.

This is such a great feature- I hope HP decides to make this a staple feature in the next webOS update. The TouchPad was truly meant to do this- calls and notifications work perfectly going in and out. Seems to be a bug with picking a default number, though. (Always stuck on TAP TO MAKE DEFAULT NUMBER)

Was stuck on trying to get the TouchPad to appear on the search list from my phone. Followed the instructions closely and I had to reboot a few times when it appeared- everything else went smoothly from there.

TIP FOR PHONE CALLS
    Make sure in the Phone and Video Calls app preferences to set Default Calling to "Ask Me" or "Bluetooth" if you also have Skype installed. This should be the default, but you might have changed it without remembering (I did) and I was wondering why the calling didn't work.

NOTE ON SMS
    Works seamlessly, but it seems like it adds a:

END:MSG
    END:BBODY

at the end of all SMS, is this just me?
    Quote Originally Posted by amit_on_tp View Post
    iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2.1 (locked ATT, non-JB)
    Calls work great though no volume control via iPhone or TP. For those who are getting echo use an earphone on your TP because there is no noise cancellation and Speaker/mic are quite close on the TP.

Texting does not work. As I've read thats because of the MAP profiles missing on the iPhone.

Auto-connect does not work, you need to re-connect by tapping in your iPhone bluetooth device list.

Has anyone tried running the tethering app on a JB iPhone and then connected your TP to it ? For data transfer from the iPhone to the TP a tethering app has to run on the phone.

Thanks and Great work so far !
    i have jailbroke iphone 4 unlocked and everything. I also have MyWi...which is a tethering app but thats just for tethering your 3g connection via wifi. MyWi works fine if you want to user your TP off your phone's 3g internet connection, but I cant get texts to work either :/
    amit_on_tp likes this.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    would be more useful to tether internet so i can use the Touchpad anywhere.. is that possible? i am connected via bluetooth
    Last edited by rs4ftw; 09/07/2011 at 07:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by onetootreefor View Post
    i have jailbroke iphone 4 unlocked and everything. I also have MyWi...which is a tethering app but thats just for tethering your 3g connection via wifi. MyWi works fine if you want to user your TP off your phone's 3g internet connection, but I cant get texts to work either :/
    Thanks for that info onetootreefor. Great to know tethering works fine. Can you post the 3G speeds you are getting on your iPhone and TP.

Regarding the text. From what I read here and am hearing it has to do with Message Access Profile (MAP) profiles which the current iOS doesnt seem to have. Some suggest the final version of iOS 5 might have. Or maybe Cydia could come to the rescue. But that's got to do with the phone not the TP. As some Android (non-WebOS) phones have already got texting to work.

But overall great to know wifi internet tethering works

Did you try to surf while connected via Bluetooth ?
    Last edited by amit_on_tp; 09/07/2011 at 08:46 PM.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I got a Touch Pro 2 to connect via bluetooth... haven't figured out how to get internet to work. on the phone when i go to internet sharing all i see is a USB option to share internet, no bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by rs4ftw View Post
    I got a Touch Pro 2 to connect via bluetooth... haven't figured out how to get internet to work. on the phone when i go to internet sharing all i see is a USB option to share internet, no bluetooth.
    Find a tethering app for your Touch Pro 2

http://forums.precentral.net/treo-pr...h-pro-2-a.html
    Quote Originally Posted by lferrante View Post
    After trying nashballer's steps a few times I got the Blackberry 9650 to connect. I had to do it a couple times and the passwords that appeared kept getting out of sync..one would show a different password. So I just kept doing it and eventually they matched and paired.

However I can't send or receive SMS. The messaging app shows the phone as SMS but the yellow exclamation mark appears on the message when you try to send it. I can make and phone calls just fine though. That's cool.

Also, they try to connect on first boot but then disconnect a minute or so later. I have to manually go to the 9650 and re-connect.

As for the Sony, I just paired my c905a but when I try to connect them my phone says "BT connection failed". Tried rebooting both and reconnecting the devices but no luck. I don't suppose there's a reason to even both but if anyone else wants to try, when you pair them and see the password prompt, just put in any number at that point, then when you go to the TP and connect on the BT screen just put the same number in. For some reason it seems like you're supposed to know a password but you're actually defining it.
    it showed the triangle mark too on the touchpad when i tried this with my old bold 9700, but it did send the text. It seems like touchpad not compatible with blackberry's bluetooth MAP implementation
  14.    #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by DarK_MischieF View Post
    Confirmed working on a LG Rumor Touch [Sprint].

END:MSG
    END:BBODY

at the end of all SMS, is this just me?
    for my Sprint LG Rumor Touch, i have the exact issue.
  15.    #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by rs4ftw View Post
    would be more useful to tether internet so i can use the Touchpad anywhere.. is that possible? i am connected via bluetooth
    yes, that is already possible and easily done. it just requries an app on your phone to enable it to act as a wi-fi hotspot.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I would like to use my Blackberry Bold 9700 to surf the internet via my Touchpad since the BB's screen is so slow. Anyone get this to work?
  17.    #317  
    Quote Originally Posted by popologuy View Post
    Can we change the title of this thread? It's not a method to fully tether a non-webOS phone: it's only how to connect a non-webOS phone for calls or texts. Until the tether also includes data/internet, it's not 'full'.
    the primary reason people wanted to have a webOS phone with their TouchPad was because 1) webOS phones and the TP were designed around eachother, and 2) the cross-text messaging and phone calling ability.
    but that's just me. with this, a simple dumbphone like my own replaced a webOS phone. which is why it is titled the way it is. it is titled "full" in the way that it provides what most of us wanted.

this thread was first made by myself to show that it was possible, but slowly turned into a method to try it for yourself.

on another subject - compared to the developers here on the forum, my scripting abilities are somewhat limited. it seems the problem here is coding that wasnt written or designed around the text messaging and calling capability for the TouchPad. the freeTether app doesnt have a full TP update as far as I know.

in my opinion: until official support by the freeTether developer(s) is given, we're somewhat at a stalemate with this. (or even a much widerspread support of little people like most of us.)

I apologize for the frustration and delay some of you may have, but there's simply not enough support behind this yet.
    I have not scripted or written code for anything webOS, but I am involved with other coding languages, and understand how coding works in general. with enough support and resources, this may eventually be bug-free for all phones with a modern bluetooth profile.

but heres my opinion on what will eventually come of this - Android is open-source and because of that, all modern devices should be able to support this soon enough.
    as for iOS, and Blackberry devices; im not too sure on them being bug-free because of they're mostly closed-source. but a workaround could be figured out.

and for dumbphones like my own, it may always be hit and miss just because how varied they are.
    Last edited by Sickness273; 09/07/2011 at 09:03 PM.
  18.    #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Maui View Post
    I would like to use my Blackberry Bold 9700 to surf the internet via my Touchpad since the BB's screen is so slow. Anyone get this to work?
    if your BB has a wi-fi radio, then it may be possible to make it into a hotspot. but, truthfully i've never owned a Blackberry, and know virtually nothing of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    I just successfully paired my HTC Desire with Leedroid Custom Rom with Touchpad 3.0.2

I think this should become sticky
    Hi Viper151,

can you please (re)confirm this? I also have an HTC Desire, they pair though.

BUT I am not able to do calls or send/recieve SMS from TP.

The olny thing that did work when the devices were paired was that after dialing from phone I had a heard it over Tochpad's speakers. The other way around dialing works but neither on the phone nor on TP you hear anything and TP displays an error message, that connection is not possible.
    In Messages app I even can not choose my Desire.

Also had Leedroid (the current version 3.0.8.2) installed.
    Do you have a Desire GSM oder CDMA? (mine: GSM, radio 5.11.05.27)

Thank you!

LK
    The work around using FreeTether to pair the Touchpad to any bluetooth cell phone demostrate that it is possible to make a connection or (paired non-webOS cell phones).
    I thought that webOS was a very transparent open source platform, but by seen the amount of time is taking to create or tweak a connection using bluetooth does not seen to be the case. The idea of having a Tablet is to use internet conneciton "ANYWHERE" no matter what or how it needs to connect to a device. If it will only connect using Wifi, then whats the point when Wifi is not available. I should be able to dial and connect to the internet and retrive e-mail and the basics like the old days. A tablet is to complement your PC outdoor not to replace it 10 feet away from your 32" LCD monitor.