Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes
    You may just need to reboot your TP

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leach19m View Post
    You may just need to reboot your TP

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.

Just did.. Reopened the messaging app, and I still can't access the "drop down" menu within the messaging app.

I did a "hard" reboot, where it shutdown completely, not just a Luna restart.

Hmm...I dunno

Thanks for your initial help though.

Hopefully someone else has run into this problem, or might have a solution.

I'm using an HTC Arrive (Windows Phone 7). Calls work flawlessly, but still can't "activate" messaging within the TP.

EDIT: Deleted all patches, rebooted, and started the process. Only patches I have, are the ones in the first original post - Govnah, UK, FT. I didn't get rid of all my apps though.. And I don't see how having Angry Birds, can keep me from accessing the drop down menu in "messaging".
    Last edited by jdmfish; 09/06/2011 at 06:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ajamer View Post
    anyone using a PPC windows mobile 6.5? My touch pro 2 connected but sms won't work and phone calling doesn't go through
    I get the same experience...it identifies a hands free device profile and connects. I seem to be able to make calls but get no sound when routing the sound to the HP TouchPad. Switching the sound to the phone picks up the call mid call...also, the numpad on the TouchPad works to respond to voice prompts in the phone call like in voicemail.

Not too bummed, if anything would have used the SMS ability (which is even further from working than the calls), but always like to unlock the full potential of my devices regardless!
  6. cta
    Calls working from Nexus S. I am able to call from phone and TP. Can't seem to get the texting/messaging to work. Will continue to try.

For those of you have mulitple pairing for the same device. I had problem deleting the duplicated devices from TP. Maybe still learning to OS, all that is needed is to drag the unwanted device to the left. Eventually, you will see the delete option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aston Martin View Post
    I can try it next week, i'm using the custom Sensation rom. Might make a difference, either good or bad.
    I tried and I got nothing, but I may have messed up.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Well I got it to work with calls but tried to text and it went bad. It said it wasn't connected to my device so I tried to go into device preferences in the BT preferences screen but...didn't work. I tapped the phone in the BT preferences window on the TP and it all went to hell. Lost connection to the phone. I found I couldn't turn off the BT either from the freetether app or the homescreen menu. And I went in to PreWare to try to remove the freetether app and it deleted PreWare! Strangest thing I have ever seen. I'm doctoring it right now and intend to try again with a fresh device (was running tons of patches, F4 Phantom Kernel, etc.). Phone I used was my Motorola Atrix 4G rooted/unlocked running stock AT&T GB but with a different (faux123 0.1.9) kernel.
    Motorola Atrix 4G, 4.5.91, rooted, unlocked, romracer recovery, faux123 0.1.9 kernel
    HP TouchPad 32GB, webOS 3.0.2, DevMode, Preware, F4 Phantom Kernel, OC'd 1.7 GHz
    useing a nexus s4g sprint.
    first time got it to pair but everytime I make a call it dropped.
    so I doctored it and I get the same problem. I can make a call but it drops.
    as far as messaging It does not get anything that says my phone is connected
    what am I missing??
    I have rebooted both each time I did something.
    Last edited by sirtronics; 09/06/2011 at 10:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NCspecV81 View Post
    yeah same here with evo 3d. Texting works. Calls do not. I'd rather the texts work than the calling.
    I can't get my Evo 3D to show up on the texting app...did you do anything different to make it show up?
    Do you have any other messaging accounts on your TP? I didn't have a drop down either, so I connected my AIM account and when I added it and opened through AIM, then I could use the drop down to add another device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenmom2grls View Post
    Do you have any other messaging accounts on your TP? I didn't have a drop down either, so I connected my AIM account and when I added it and opened through AIM, then I could use the drop down to add another device.
    I don't, no. Guess I'll try setting up an account and getting the drop down menu through that.
    Got it to work on my Samsung Focus as posted.
    Update: I just went back and tried both of my Rumors, without even starting the tether app. The TP was able to pair to both of them from the upper right hand corner menu, and operate them both as telephones, perfectly. HOORAY.

The Rumors do not support the MAP profile.

Note on echo: My gf said that the echo was happening -EVEN- when i was using headphones !! what?? need to check this myself.

Note on using headphones: if you plug in or remove headphones to/from the Touchpad, the mic on the touchpad itself will be disabled, you need to toggle the Mute on then off on the TP to restore the mic working.

I don't know if having headphones with a built in mic would solve that.

This is now awesome. Of course, this working and with my upcoming GVoice app, hey that's even more awesome.
    I think at this point we have well established that this workaround will not be 100% until the PROPER bluetooth profiles have been ported over. I have emailed the FreeTether devs and am waiting response about this. My suspicion is that they are working on this however; i have been unable to get them to respond about this.

Anyone else have any ideas? I am working with the dev kit now to try and figure this out on my own.
    Ok I had a litlle more time to play.
    I can make calls from the phone and they transfer to the TP ok.
    I can also answer calls (when someone calls me)
    BUT CANNOT make a call from the TP without it dropping.
    As far as text messaging when I open the program and select preferences and account it shows my skype account and under that has a button to add account and under that has a button to Connect phone. it never says it is connected to a phone??? It want me to add one.

Quote Originally Posted by sirtronics View Post
    useing a nexus s4g sprint.
    first time got it to pair but everytime I make a call it dropped.
    so I doctored it and I get the same problem. I can make a call but it drops.
    as far as messaging It does not get anything that says my phone is connected
    what am I missing??
    I have rebooted both each time I did something.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clmbngbkng View Post
    Got it to work on my Samsung Focus as posted.
    did you get messaging to work?? If so please tell me how!
    Can we change the title of this thread? It's not a method to fully tether a non-webOS phone: it's only how to connect a non-webOS phone for calls or texts. Until the tether also includes data/internet, it's not 'full'.
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Tested on blackberry bold 9700 os6

i can receive and make call, can send text out, but can't receive text >.<

any idea? :P

my blackberry support bluetooth MAP profile
    After trying nashballer's steps a few times I got the Blackberry 9650 to connect. I had to do it a couple times and the passwords that appeared kept getting out of sync..one would show a different password. So I just kept doing it and eventually they matched and paired.

However I can't send or receive SMS. The messaging app shows the phone as SMS but the yellow exclamation mark appears on the message when you try to send it. I can make and phone calls just fine though. That's cool.

Also, they try to connect on first boot but then disconnect a minute or so later. I have to manually go to the 9650 and re-connect.

As for the Sony, I just paired my c905a but when I try to connect them my phone says "BT connection failed". Tried rebooting both and reconnecting the devices but no luck. I don't suppose there's a reason to even both but if anyone else wants to try, when you pair them and see the password prompt, just put in any number at that point, then when you go to the TP and connect on the BT screen just put the same number in. For some reason it seems like you're supposed to know a password but you're actually defining it.

Quote Originally Posted by lferrante View Post
    No go on:
    Sony Ericsson C905a
    Blackberry 9650

I do all the steps, and then search from either phone and the no popup ever appears on the TP bluetooth screen. The phones don't see it either.
    Last edited by lferrante; 09/07/2011 at 11:00 AM.