Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes
    HTC EVO 3D and paired up fine. No phone calls are working but text messages are going both ways. SWEET!! I could care less about the phone calls and all I really wanted was the text messaging working.
    For people having some trouble with the EVO 3D, check your bluetooth settings. Go under advanced setting and make sure message access is checked. Don't know if that makes a difference, but I had it checked on mine and it's working like a charm..
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    HTV Evo 4G running CM7

Phone calls worked! But only once Tried to pair it again and no go. Weird thing is I didn't turn anything off or on after it worked so i dunno.

Text did not work! I didn't even get the "Your phone is connected" message in the Preferences of the Messages App.

BUT BUT BUT, as is always true for this site and the great developer people, I expect it all to work flawlessly soon enough

So thank you all!

P.S. If someone does come up with an app to steam-line this Magic, I am more than willing to be a guinea pig!
    Blackberry 9700 works
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    alright i've connected my nokia 5530(its more or less the 5800's little brother) to my touchpad
    i've read thought the whole thread, but didnt see anything for this phone

it can call, but no texts yet

if you have a either one of those phones, or you managed to pair your phone but your phone wont connect try this:
    after pairing the phone press of the top right of the touchpad (where the time is). you should see the options to turn off wifi and bluetooth. press on the bluetooth option and select your phone.
    it should connect afterwards

im still trying to figure out how to make text work.. if i find anything i'll tell you guys
    evo 3d.. text works both ways.. but calls only in to touchpad.. calls out fails after opening dialer.. Evo 4g.. same.. calls out it opens dialer on phone calls # then audio fails.. As for texts evo4g has no text bt profile... So no texts
    My Xperia X10 found my Touchpad paired and connected. Tried to call someone using Touchpad is a no go. Got it to work once but now it just says "Unable to Connect. Call cannot be placed through this device. Please try placing the call through your phone instead." I dont know if this makes a difference but my phone connects as phone audio? I can receive them and texting does not work at all. No receiving or sending having no luck with it. It finds the Touchpad and all but not much I can do with it...
    LG Optimus 7 works for calls not texts (WP7 nodo).

Also, for the people who manage to get their phone listed in the Bluetooth Devices screen but are unable to select it because it's greyed out:

Click on system tray (where the clock/battery info is top right hand side)
    Make sure Bluetooth is listed as On, then press that to bring up the Bluetooth menu
    Your device should be listed underneath there, press on it and it should connect to it (mine usually takes a couple of attempts though)

It took me a couple of doctors to get to that point but its pretty cool now it works, just hope lead can get texting working!
    oldest Philips Xenium x620
    Phone calls in/out, no text msg.
    No go on:
    Sony Ericsson C905a
    Blackberry 9650

I do all the steps, and then search from either phone and the no popup ever appears on the TP bluetooth screen. The phones don't see it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbo37 View Post
    Works great on Samsung Galaxy S2 in the UK on Tmobile - Thanks for taking the time to make this happen
    Galaxy S2, Uk on 02. Touchpad with governor running 1.5 kernel. Most patches for touchpad pre-installed. Didnt doctor before trying.

Texting either way works perfectly. Calls in work as well with echo problem noted by others. However dialling out commences and then gives error message, although the s2 itself continues with the call. Once the error message is received calls in also fail to work. This can be reset by choosing the phone from the drop down bluetooth option on the touchpad.

Gibbo37 do calls out work for you ? If so maybe I'll play with settings a little more or maybe its a carrier issue ?

BTW this community is really something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by lferrante View Post
    No go on:
    Sony Ericsson C905a
    Blackberry 9650

I do all the steps, and then search from either phone and the no popup ever appears on the TP bluetooth screen. The phones don't see it either.
    Try a reboot on the Touchpad? After that followed the same process. Had the same problem too and then my phone finally saw it
    awesome worked great on my tp and iphone 3gs. my tp is not freshly doctored and has a ton of apps and preware

i tried paring before a week ago and didnt have success until now. phone works great. big thanks

i did a test call to my friend in the office next door and his picture from facebook displayed on the tp screen!! that was funny and cool!!!!!

two communication was good.
    Last edited by pelochas1029; 09/06/2011 at 02:37 PM.
    On which phone?

I reboted both phones and the Touchpad. Open Freetether, turn on BT, go to BT options on TP, search on phones, nothing shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by nashballer View Post
    Try a reboot on the Touchpad? After that followed the same process. Had the same problem too and then my phone finally saw it
    Quote Originally Posted by lferrante View Post
    On which phone?

I reboted both phones and the Touchpad. Open Freetether, turn on BT, go to BT options on TP, search on phones, nothing shows up.
    Maybe these steps from ruben00 will help.

Quote Originally Posted by ruben00 View Post
    the people who can do sms probably have MAP BT Profile

here are some written instructions to go along with the video, OP feel free to copy and paste in your original post

1)Disable Bluetooth
    2)restart touchpad
    3)open freethether
    4)turn on bluetooth tethering
    5)from your phone, find the touchpad via your bluetooth device scan
    6)attempt to connect (it will fail but that's ok)
    7)put freetether in the background and open up "Bluetooth" in the "Settings" launcher Tab (dont do anything)
    8)from your phone, attempt to connect again, you will get a button at the bottom telling you if you want to accept the connection, click yes
    8)done, you should be paired

close out the settings tab and even freetether, you can even turn on WiFi

calls work with most phones (I think they need to have Hands free protocol)
    sms works if you have MAP protocol I believe
    I figured out what was wrong with mine not receiving text (3VO BTW) I have go sms and in the settings it has a "DO NOT NOTIFY OTHER APPS" setting and I had that check off. I unchecked it and its working fine, except for my GF texts I can't receive hers for some reason
    chance617 likes this.
    Only thing I'm hung up on, is what app do you open up for txt messages? I went into Phone and Video calls, Preferences, but my "Preference" page is much different from yours, and I didn't have the option to select "Send and Receive Messages"...

Did I open the wrong program or something? It seems to have paired, the BT logo on the TP is blue, and my phone AND TP show I am both connected (phone connect to TP and TP connect to phone).

Thanks in advanced...
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmfish View Post
    Only thing I'm hung up on, is what app do you open up for txt messages? I went into Phone and Video calls, Preferences, but my "Preference" page is much different from yours, and I didn't have the option to select "Send and Receive Messages"...

Did I open the wrong program or something? It seems to have paired, the BT logo on the TP is blue, and my phone AND TP show I am both connected (phone connect to TP and TP connect to phone).

Thanks in advanced...
    There's a messaging app that you need to use instead of the phone app

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leach19m View Post
    There's a messaging app that you need to use instead of the phone app

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.

Well, I know for sure the phone tethering part works.. just called two friends on my TP.

What's the messaging app I need? Is it the standard messaging app?
    That's the one

Quote Originally Posted by Leach19m View Post
    That's the one

Thanks - but I'm unable to get the drop down menu in the messaging app, to enable txt.. I just keep tapping on the "messaging" drop down menu, but nothing actually drops down, to get to the preferences page..