Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    evo3d - sending and receiving text messages no problem. calls from TP or phone are a no go. Call made from the phone are not transfered to TP, and calls made from TP receive error message on TP but it still calls on phone.
    I was able to get a call. after then i made a call but after i hung up and gave me the error so i dont know maybe needs a patch to fix it.
    kyocera echo
    I'm using the HTC EVO 3D from Sprint.

I got it paired, the calls do not work. When it manages to connect to touchpad, there is no sound.

Text Messaging seems to work (Send and Receive)even though the phone shows pending on the messages sent from the TouchPad and the TouchPad shows the Yellow Triangle with the explanation mark inside it. It's send though, weird. I receive text messages fine though.

Anyone else experiencing this using the EVO 3D?
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
    Quote Originally Posted by oswego View Post
    I have a LG Vortex at Verizon, has anyone found out how it will do with texts and phone.
    anyone?
    Last edited by oswego; 09/05/2011 at 06:47 AM.
    Works great on Samsung Galaxy S2 in the UK on Tmobile - Thanks for taking the time to make this happen
    Is anyone working on a way to get texts to work with the pre2?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Khabal View Post
    My Results with Droid X:

- Running rooted Gingerbread
    - Can pair and connect fine using freetether
    - Phone sees the TP & vice versa
    - Able to start a phone call from the TP. The phone dials and connects to the number
    - When the call connects, I get an error on the TP stating it cannot make the call and to use the phone itself. No audio. The phone keeps the call going with the Bluetooth button highlighted. So, the TP initiates the call on the DX but doesn't follow through.

As for texting, I get the message from within the TP app that the phone is paired and I can message through it. I can send a message to the phone (from itself or another phone) and it appears on the TP, however I'm unable to send through the TP and have it appear on the phone.

I love where this is heading. A huge thanks to the smart folks working on this. :-)
    I also have a Droid X (running CM7 Gingerbread). I also have the same exact issues as you with the phone calls. However for texting, I cannot get it to work at all. When I go to the Preferences & Accounts under messaging, it does not show that the phone is connected although BT shows paired and connected. In the video, it shows that the phone is connected and you can click to send & receive messages. I click "Connect to Phone" but all it does is bring me to the TP Bluetooth settings. If I click my phone, it disconnects.

Therefore for me, Texting does not even recognize the phone. For calls, it will initiate the call but not follow through. The call will stay on (on my Droid X) but I cannot hear anything on my TP.
    HTC Evo 4G running mikg 2.4...the devices pair but I am unable to make calls or text
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I can add the confirmation that the Samsung Focus (running Mango Beta 2 refresh) works with the setup. But like before.. no messaging.
    I got it to connect to my HTC HD2 running stock WM6. No txt messaging though. When I try to connect messaging to the phone, it asks me to select a phone to use.. and my phone is already connected and selected.
    i got my HTC EVO 3D to pair and connect which is good. The text works half way though, i can send but can not receive any help? Also i receive calls fine but cant make calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunskea View Post
    My blackberry 9800 works fine with TP on voice(in or out)

However, I can only send sms from tp. no receiving...
    I can confirm I got the same results on my 9800...the messages sends but the touchpad says it did not send, will not receive any...voice works...

PJ
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Those that have the HTC EVO 3D .... how did yall get past the the pairing process ?
    I keep getting check the passkey on the touchpad prompt and after presse to pair I get a message that the was a problem pairng because the passkey was incorrect ...
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    any guide for how to use an iphone to tether? I'm assuming jailbreak is 100% necessary, so what ls the process after the jailbreak.
    HTC Desire and Motorola Milestone phone calls only. No texting
    Quote Originally Posted by Carkid367 View Post
    I have an HTC Arrive running mango and I can confirm it works for calls, but if you get a text, it makes a call to the vm
    This happens when you have the phone set to read text messages when connected via Bluetooth. Turn that option off in WP7 and it will no longer behave that way,
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    anyone using a PPC windows mobile 6.5? My touch pro 2 connected but sms won't work and phone calling doesn't go through
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    I'm using the HTC EVO 3D from Sprint.

I got it paired, the calls do not work. When it manages to connect to touchpad, there is no sound.

Text Messaging seems to work (Send and Receive)even though the phone shows pending on the messages sent from the TouchPad and the TouchPad shows the Yellow Triangle with the explanation mark inside it. It's send though, weird. I receive text messages fine though.

Anyone else experiencing this using the EVO 3D?
    also on an evo 3d with the same results. Sent text messages work even though they show a yellow triangle with an error they definitely go through. Can receive no problem. Havent tested calls yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
    Those that have the HTC EVO 3D .... how did yall get past the the pairing process ?
    I keep getting check the passkey on the touchpad prompt and after presse to pair I get a message that the was a problem pairng because the passkey was incorrect ...
    I never saw that on my evo 3d, I just followed the video and everything went smooth, connected right away. Try restarting both devices, you may need to uninstall freetether restart and try again.
    I got my Touchpad to connect to my 4 year old LG Glimmer. I can make and receive calls, but Skype doesn't recognize my phone, so I can't make or receive text messages.

For anyone who still has a Glimmer, after you get your phone to recognize the Touchpad, you may not be able to connect the devices. To fix this, you have to turn off bluetooth, then immediately turn bluetooth back on.

Also, if you decide to switch from speaker to headphone/microphone combo while in the middle of a call, the person on the other end might not be able to hear you. To fix this, mute the call for 1 second, then turn off mute.

Thank you for doing this, I really, really appreciate it!