Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes
  1. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Motorola Atrix with Gingerbread 2.3.4 works for calls (making and receiving) and text/SMS (receiving but not sending).

Thanks!
    Last edited by zc1; 09/03/2011 at 12:17 PM.
    spenceuiuc likes this.
    EVO 3D: Connected as per instructions. If I try to place a call it dials out of my phone then TP tells me I cannot complete call, use phone. The phone still connects but audio is being routed to TP that doesn't work so its just lost.

I received a call and TP picked it up and showed call but stayed in phone audio by default. When I switched to TP audio I lost voice and sound but call stayed connected.

Test messages are hit and miss. Some show up, some don't. If I reply from TP it shows up on my phone but says pending. I haven't been able to confirm that they ever get delivered yet. I need to get out my other phones. I will be able to test EVO 4G, EVO Shift, and possible an HTC Arrive (W7P)

UPDATE 1: I rebooted and reconnected. I was able to receive a call and use the TP for voice. I tried to call out from the TP and got the same error I was receiving before.

UPDATE 2: I can confirm that TEXT messages sent from the TP are being received, I"m going to test if it takes any longer than normal.
    Last edited by thatwilsonguy; 09/03/2011 at 12:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubskey View Post
    Samsung Focus (Windows Phone 7) , I have calls working but no text. It won't let me select my phone in the messaging preferences, it greys it out. I don't have a phone icon next to my phones profile in the Bluetooth settings. It has a Bluetooth icon. I'm figuring that's why I'm not getting text, it doesn't think its a phone. Also it only pulls my facebook contacts with numbers, doesn't pull my phones contacts.
    How did you get them to pair? I turned on the BT for both devices but they don't find eachother
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie87 View Post
    How did you get them to pair? I turned on the BT for both devices but they don't find eachother
    It really is a game of cat and mouse with Windows Phone. Even when I got both devices to finally see each other (which involved restarting, turning bluetooth off from WebOS, turning Bluetooth on from FT, and then turning bluetooth on from my phone), they wouldn't stay connected.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonhatfield View Post
    It really is a game of cat and mouse with Windows Phone. Even when I got both devices to finally see each other (which involved restarting, turning bluetooth off from WebOS, turning Bluetooth on from FT, and then turning bluetooth on from my phone), they wouldn't stay connected.
    Thanks, I actually got them to find each other and connect. But I can't make a call. the Focus is grayed out in the bluetooth settings on the TP and it won't let me select it. Any suggestions?
    Just tried a UK Samsung Galaxy S - followed instructions as per YouTube tutorial. No luck. Can't receive texts, or make calls. Can, however, initiate a call from the SGS, and have the TP act as a speakerphone.

Hope that helps...
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Samsung Focus Windows Phone 7 (no mango) - Got the phone to connect with the touchpad and can send and receive calls fine. No text messaging yet though, and I would love to have this
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    What about a work around like having sms forwarding to skype or google chat? That way it would still come up in the messaging app on the touchpad
  9.    #209  
    What about a work around like having sms forwarding to skype or google chat? That way it would still come up in the messaging app on the touchpad
    that could probobly work, but the idea here is mainly to have true text messaging outside of the house, or where ever Wi-Fi is not accessable.
    atleast thats the reason to me. not sure about everyone else
  10.    #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatCaesar View Post
    Alright, here was my experience using my LG Rumor Touch with my TP. On my first attempt, I figured everything would go smoothly, and well it did for a while. I got to the step where my TP showed up on the pairing screen of my phone and I accidently hit "reject" when pairing with my TP. At that point, I figured the possibility of pairing my TP to my phone was impossible as my TP no longer showed up on my phone. I rewinded the video back to the beginning where he had said "...Otherwise a Doctor/Full Erase is the only way i know of to be able to start over." I gave up and figured I didn't want to lose my data and apps over small tethering and put down my TP and phone. Over an hour later I decided to give it one last shot by restarting both my phone and my TP. And to my surprise, I didn't work at first but after I was able to turn off my bluetooth on my phone and turn it on again it worked and my TP and phone are now both paired! I'm not sure if just turning the bluetooth on and off on my phone would have worked, but I don't exactly want to try it out right now.
    at one point, i remember myself accidently hitting reject. (because the Rumor's touch is so accurate *sarcasm*) and it seems like it just became impossible. i did give up for about an hour or so, and as with you, it worked for me after that.
    it seems that if reject is accidently hit, or anything else like that (with any phone) the phone and/or TP dont even make attempts to talk to eachother.
  11.    #211  
    Thanks, I actually got them to find each other and connect. But I can't make a call. the Focus is grayed out in the bluetooth settings on the TP and it won't let me select it. Any suggestions?
    if you open the menu at the top by tapping the clock for the mini-menu, tap Bluetooth, and turn it on. and youll see you should see your phone there.

tap the name of it, and a blue checkmark should appear.
    that works for me, and my Rumor Touch.
    i've never been able to re-connect through the Bluetooth app.
    I'm not having any luck with my Samsung Fascinate, when I turn on bluetooth in freetether it does not have the spinning circle that I assume means that it is searching for a device. Should bluetooth be on before we open freethether? My TP has all the patches recommened in the getting started guide and a few others. My phone was rooted but that broke when I did the 2.2.2 OTA update and I haven't rerooted it.
    I will try later with my wife's TP (no patches) and she also has a stock unrooted Fascinate.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sickness273 View Post
    that could probobly work, but the idea here is mainly to have true text messaging outside of the house, or where ever Wi-Fi is not accessable.
    atleast thats the reason to me. not sure about everyone else
    Yeah definitely. That'd be awesome!
    I'd like to basically use my TP as my phone and laptop around the house - take calls, answer text messages, skype chat, etc. So any way to get sms forwarded to my messenger app would be awesome. I'm sure it would be easier to get it to the email, but I'd much rather see it with other messages.

Anyone know a good way to forward sms to skype/google chat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bockscar View Post
    I'm not having any luck with my Samsung Fascinate, when I turn on bluetooth in freetether it does not have the spinning circle that I assume means that it is searching for a device. Should bluetooth be on before we open freethether? My TP has all the patches recommened in the getting started guide and a few others. My phone was rooted but that broke when I did the 2.2.2 OTA update and I haven't rerooted it.
    I will try later with my wife's TP (no patches) and she also has a stock unrooted Fascinate.
    I just rebooted the TP and got the spinning circle when I turned on BT, I tried my phone and my wife's and neither could see the TP. There is not a new connection option just "visible" and "scan devices" I have tried combination of both options but I think what I should be using is the "scan devices"
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I am able to make voice calls from my TP connect to a Windows Phone 7 HTC HD2. Followed the video and was able to pair with no issues.

Great find, keep up the fine work.
    No luck with the Samsung Fascinate.

I used my wife's TP and installed preware and freetether only. I reset both devices, opened freethether and turned on BT, got the spinning circle, hit scan devices on the phone and nothing happens. tried making the phone visible and then scan devices and still nothing. Don't know where to go from here....
    thanks to the OP for this, I got my iPhone 4 to make and receive calls via TP, but the other person like someone said complained of an echo. Also no texting. I know its been said before I just want to add my experience to help someone out;-)

a side note, if you have MiWi for ios from cydia, your touchpad can connect to your phone that way, I did this the other day while waiting in the doctors office for my GF, was able to surf connected to my iphone. I'm assuming you should be able Skype fine too.
    Global Posts
    1,291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJanks View Post
    Just confirming that I can call when connected with my iPhone 4 but no luck with text messages
    I've had no luck with SMS. Because iPhone Bluetooth doesn't support MAP.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=21.394298,-157.961722
    try selecting it from the taskbar menu (touch in the area of the battery icon) and select bluetooth. You'll see your Focus listed there. Try to connect repeatedly until it is successful. Oddly enough, it got easier and easier to connect for me, kind of like the Touchpad was learning my phone or something.

The weirdest thing of all is that I left them paired, and I left and came back and although I couldn't get calls to work earlier, it suddenly and inexplicable started working.
    Quote Originally Posted by freshnerd729 View Post
    i tried it on my Huawei Ascend M860 and my HTC EVO 3D. . .

Drawback
    Huawei Ascend M860 - was only able to be used as a audio link with BT, it couldn't recognize the use of sending a message in or out even while it was connected.

HTC EVO 3D - Everything worked toward the calling in and out thru tablet, aswell as the messaging feature

other then that it works, thanks for the thread
    What rom are you running? Is it 2.3.3 or 2.3.4?