Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By karun
  • 1 Post By Cantaffordit
  • 1 Post By advocate2
  • 1 Post By redmist
  1.    #1  
    hi
    is it possible to emulate arrow keys ? Sometimes it is very hard to use lathe finger to pinpoint the cursor.

thanks
    kinjomusashi likes this.
    nope. Hopi g they will add something.
    kinjomusashi likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the answer. I hope they come up with some kind of solution. For example pressing home+volume buttons can serve as left right arrow.
    The portable keyboard has arrow keys, so at least someone at HP knows they are important.
    kinjomusashi likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by karun View Post
    hi
    is it possible to emulate arrow keys ? Sometimes it is very hard to use lathe finger to pinpoint the cursor.

thanks
    So glad to I'm not the only one who finds this to be a great inconvenience. My fingers are just average size, but trying to pinpoint the cursor really is a huge pain especially if you're trying to move to the very beginning of a sentence in a search box/field/address-bar. I've even tried the touch sensitivity patch and seemed only to make things worse.

Also, the ability to ctrl-select-all, ctrl-paste on the on-screen keyboard would be great. It's good you can do it on the wireless keyboard, but kinda defeats the purpose of a tablet.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    No, the keyboard needs a swipe area at the bottom, under the space bar.

Or just turn the space bar into a swipe area. Tap for space, swipe to move cursor,
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    untitled likes this.
    Just do something like on Android, tap on a spot and bring up a little visual cue (like when you select text) and move that around to where you want the cursor. It is an exercise in frustration at times... until you give up and zoom way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    The portable keyboard has arrow keys, so at least someone at HP knows they are important.
    The arrows on the keyboard are only used to move within selectable text fields. So wherever you can type, you can use the arrows. If you want to page up or down, or even select a field on the touchscreen, it doesn't work. I think the keyboard is worth it but it has many of the same limitations on the onscreen keyboard. I like the fact that I can use the power button on the keyboard to wake up the touchpad once it is paired. It also has dedicated keys to pause, play, and increase volume for music like Pandora. It also has brightness keys so you don't have to use the menu for that. While you can go into card view, to zoom back in, you have to touch the screen, but at least you don't have to keep pressing buttons on the screen. It saves on the buttons, but not on screen usage.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.