Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By elpollodiablo1
  • 1 Post By elpollodiablo1
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I have been snooping around the touchpad using my favorite app, Internalz Pro (thx Jason!), removing the icon text from the launcher pages, and I stumbled across the old school Palm movie player buried in the palm apps directory. I did a search to see if anyone else had posted about this and I only found:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...yer-3-0-a.html

So if this is repeat info, sorry.

For some reason this app is hidden by default, though we know it will open if you start up a movie. I edited a file to unhide the icon, but the page doesn't display 100% correctly.

If you browse to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.videoplayer/ you will will see a file named "appinfo.jsjsjs.&$quot$; $Look$ $for$ $the$ $following$ $line$:

"visible": "false",

I changed the line to:

"visible": "true",

Then I saved the changes and restarted Luna. The Movie Player icon now appears in the launcher pages... but... When you open the Movie Player the screen looks messed up. The background doesn't scale correctly and covers part of the splash icon. (see screenshot below)

I figure someone could quickly diagnose the cause of the card layout. I also noticed the movie player has a "preferences and account" option in the menu. I'm not sure what this is for, maybe Hulu or Netflix? (ya I know, no silverlight)

Last edited by akshunj; 08/30/2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: missed a comma
    How were you able to edit the file? It won't let me.
    i believe its just an old version of touchplayer
    Someone just needs to figure out how to remove the stupid 2GB limit for video files.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Any speculation on why they would hide it? Perhaps not a finished product when the touchpad was released?
    they dont need to show it because once you click on the movie in the media/pic app it launches it for you. it is just a player not a video manager. It is also used for streaming videos from the interweb which dont require you to select a video file.
    akshunj likes this.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elpollodiablo1 View Post
    It is also used for streaming videos from the interweb
    I actually lol'd... thx
    Quote Originally Posted by akshunj View Post
    I actually lol'd... thx
    glad you enjoyed it. I always use those kind of terms when referring to technical subjects. make the conversation more entertaining.
    akshunj likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by shad0019 View Post
    How were you able to edit the file? It won't let me.
    In order to edit the file you need to go into the preferences menu of Internalz and set the mode (at the bottom of the list of settings) to master. It will then let you edit the file. I recommend that you turn master off after you have finished updating the true/false statement to true.