Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    I have read that many of you have had great experiences with Google music on tp. Is that the best one? What about Amazon cloud or any other alternatives?

I've yet to upload my music into any cloud so not sure which to go with
    I use Google music, just go to the site on the browser. Works fine for me.
    Google music is good, you just have to upload all your music to it. I use Grooveshark: it's free, you can find almost any song you want, and it opens in browser. There is an app as well, but 2 things with it: it's not touchpad size oriented and it requires you to have a subscription to Grooveshark Anywhere. You make playlists and can stream them from any computer, or supported phone(with Anywhere). You could potentially get Anywhere for free if you do surveys on the site. Either way it's really good.
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    What is Google music
    HP Touchpad 32GB , Treo 650, Treo 600
    webOS 3.0.4
    For some reason my browser fails to load subsonic. It also happens on some forums...I try to log in but it never does it. Fairly frustrating.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Amazon Cloud player works the best for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by thurman View Post
    What is Google music
    Let me google that for you
    oldskoolluva and anifan like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by thurman View Post
    What is Google music
    It's a Google service that allows you to upload all your music to the cloud. Then you can stream it anywhere.
    oldskoolluva likes this.
    grooveshark.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    GreenLantern24 and seito like this.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Never heard of subsonic. On my touchpad when I log in on this forum it refreshes and still has the sign in box as if I hadn't but when I click on reply to a post it shows me as logged in, weird

So everyone likes Google music, guess ill go with that one
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    google music beta is the way to go. 20,000 song limit to upload for free.

I have some invites left. Anyone need one? Pm me.
    I use all three and they work great..

I like Google's' layout, and they give you 216 song based on answer about your music taste.

Amazon seem to have a better integration of playlist I have made in Itunes. And there daily deals have added a ton of music to my collection.

Spotify is my favorite though, once you go through the hassle of getting it to work Want to install Spotify on your HP TouchPad? - gdgt is just lovely and it integration in the the touchpad notification and also lock screen control is wonderful .

Oh by the way i have three google music invites and 8 spotify invites send me a tell first come first sever
    Quote Originally Posted by obelis View Post
    I use all three and they work great..

I like Google's' layout, and they give you 216 song based on answer about your music taste.

Amazon seem to have a better integration of playlist I have made in Itunes. And there daily deals have added a ton of music to my collection.

Spotify is my favorite though, once you go through the hassle of getting it to work Want to install Spotify on your HP TouchPad? - gdgt is just lovely and it integration in the the touchpad notification and also lock screen control is wonderful .

Oh by the way i have three google music invites and 8 spotify invites send me a tell first come first sever
    OK - Spotify - I assume that it will work with the premium (or whatever they call it) membership - and allow you to stream (and download for offline use) specific tracks?

TY
    I haven't uploaded my music so right now I'm just using Pandora. Works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by anifan View Post
    Amazon Cloud player works the best for me.
    Amazon Cloud Player is great on the TouchPad. I read somewhere that Amazon was going to make an app available. I hope they still do because their version for Android phones is PRETTY AWESOME.

Please do it Amazon.com
    dweiums likes this.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    I'm going to give audiogalaxy a try!
    Audiogalaxy will not open in the Touchpad browser, here at least.

I have been a Qriocity Music Unlimited subscriber for some months and I was delighted to find that it works quite well on the TouchPad - it's a pretty demanding site in terms of browser resources.

To stream from your PC to your TP on your own WiFi network, Bhome gives good results in conjunction with the UPnP streaming software of your choice. Here I have WMP, Twonky, PS3 Media Server, and Asset running. The latter has a feature which, apart from normal server functions, will stream whatever you play on your PC to the TouchPad - push rather than pull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    Audiogalaxy will not open in the Touchpad browser, here at least.
    I think that this might be a problem with the "Ad Blocker" preware patch, but uninstalling said patch doesn't seem to fix it. If you open your /etc/hosts file, there will more than likely be an entry for audiogalaxy.com and Audiogalaxy - Your Music. Your Playlists. Hit Play from Anywhere. both redirecting to 127.0.0.1.
    Am I the only one who finds the google music experience on the Touchpad a little sluggish? I have the feeling that everything reatcs only some seconds after I touched something. Would love to be able to use google music seemlessly. But I doubt there's an App in the pipeline...
    Quote Originally Posted by xaev01 View Post
    I think that this might be a problem with the "Ad Blocker" preware patch, but uninstalling said patch doesn't seem to fix it. If you open your /etc/hosts file, there will more than likely be an entry for audiogalaxy.com and Audiogalaxy - Your Music. Your Playlists. Hit Play from Anywhere. both redirecting to 127.0.0.1.
    I figured right away it was adblocker and uninstalled but like you said it didnt fix it.. How do we FIX IT? Revert host?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast