Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by elpollodiablo1 View Post
    I stream my music from my Home desktop using VLC to anywhere on the interweb. It also transcodes formats that are not compatible with WebOS. I transcode wmv and .m4a to mp3. VLC remote app as well as web interface allows me to control what VLC streaming to me. No need for internet space or third party services. And to play all you need is the built in webbrowser and media player. If you are interested in how I did this just ask and I may write up a little tutorial.
    Yes, please do write up a guide/tutorial on how to achieve this. Thanks !
    just verified ... "cloud player" works GREAT!
    Quote Originally Posted by obelis View Post
    I use all three and they work great..

I like Google's' layout, and they give you 216 song based on answer about your music taste.

Amazon seem to have a better integration of playlist I have made in Itunes. And there daily deals have added a ton of music to my collection.

Spotify is my favorite though, once you go through the hassle of getting it to work Want to install Spotify on your HP TouchPad? - gdgt is just lovely and it integration in the the touchpad notification and also lock screen control is wonderful .

Oh by the way i have three google music invites and 8 spotify invites send me a tell first come first sever
    Thanks so much for the Spotify link. i heart spotify on my iphone so will be great to play with it on my TP
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_z11 View Post
    I love to get one if possible. I have asked other person too, but I just need one.
    PM me your email address if you still need one.

Edit: I got 5 invites left if anybody else needs one.

Edit 2: Sorry, all gone
    Last edited by dirtyfingers; 09/30/2011 at 03:21 AM.
    xmai77 likes this.
    I would highly suggest setting up an Ampache server for the streaming... You get streaming of everything you want on your touchpad, and so...much...more.
    If someone wants an invite, send me a quick pm.
    I would like an invite to try out google music. I don't think I've seen anyone suggest Orb for streaming media. Not only can I stream ALL my music from my pc but it has also played every video format I've thrown at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu View Post
    I would like an invite to try out google music. I don't think I've seen anyone suggest Orb for streaming media. Not only can I stream ALL my music from my pc but it has also played every video format I've thrown at it.
    YGPM dude.
    Thanks for the invite Beardedspoooon but unfortunatley the Google music beta is only available in the Unites States... Us Canadians are once again thwarted :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu View Post
    Thanks for the invite Beardedspoooon but unfortunatley the Google music beta is only available in the Unites States... Us Canadians are once again thwarted :P
    That's a bummer.
    if only slacker worked
    I have like 6 google music invites if anyone wants them just PM me. I'd be happy to let someone have them.

i don't have a touchpad so i can't comment on what's best. I did use ampache for a while on my pre. And i have no clue if this is helpful to any developer type person but this appears to be a link to audiogalaxy apis or maybe an email where someone could get access to them. Audiogalaxy - Developer API Maybe some ambitious developer could write a webos app that would allow you guys to use audiogalaxy. My friend uses it and says he likes it but i think he does it through android. Anyways i don't know about this stuff but i googled it it came up. Maybe it will get you guys one more app that's useful.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    You can also use Mp3Dragon to stream and there is a playlist function, Its a site for quick access.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123