Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    I used Internalz to move the hosts file to /media/internal, edited out the audiogalaxy lines, then moved it back. Only problems I have now are that it doesn't seem to transcode, and therefore won't play any of my FLAC files.
    Another option is AmpacheXL (in the app catalog) for those that want more control and don't mind setting up an ampache server.
    daslimpet likes this.
    I stream my music from my Home desktop using VLC to anywhere on the interweb. It also transcodes formats that are not compatible with WebOS. I transcode wmv and .m4a to mp3. VLC remote app as well as web interface allows me to control what VLC streaming to me. No need for internet space or third party services. And to play all you need is the built in webbrowser and media player. If you are interested in how I did this just ask and I may write up a little tutorial.
    Last edited by elpollodiablo1; 09/01/2011 at 09:37 AM.
    daslimpet likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    Audiogalaxy will not open in the Touchpad browser, here at least.

I have been a Qriocity Music Unlimited subscriber for some months and I was delighted to find that it works quite well on the TouchPad - it's a pretty demanding site in terms of browser resources.

How do you like the service and music quality? And are you on the $3.99/month or $9.99/month plan?
    The web client of Napster also seems to work well on the Touchpad.

You get an error message saying that you need to 'press Configure to allow this website to save data' which I don't know how to satisfy, but clicking through this seems to work OK.

Graham
    how long does it usually take to get a google music invite? Been waiting forever it seems. Is it better than amazon?
    I also love Music.Google Beta but noticed there is a long lag when scrolling. Anyone else experiences this?
    still in beta..i'm waiting for an invite. It's a free service offered by Google so you can upload 20k songs and access them over mobile devices or a computer 'anywhere'.
    the root.
    Well, I use Google Music too, fine for me!
    Some times will download some free YouTube music with aneesoft free youtube downloader.
    Global Posts
    807 Global Posts
    google music FTW

/endtopic
    andrew025 likes this.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    well I gave audiogalaxy a try over google music and it works fine for me!
    is it possible some kind of streaming with the 50G from
    box.net ???
    I have some Google Music invites (though I'm saving most of them). I PMed a forum member here offering him one, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. When I get home from work (good lord, I've been here for 4.5 hours and still have 7 to go), I'll post something along the lines of "whoever PMs me first gets the invite."
    Quote Originally Posted by andresmmm View Post
    is it possible some kind of streaming with the 50G from
    box.net ???
    yes
    I also have Google music invites if anyone wants to pm me their email address.
    xmai77 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by loubapache View Post
    I also love Music.Google Beta but noticed there is a long lag when scrolling. Anyone else experiences this?
    I've noticed it has a bit of lag once in a while... but that seems to be the norm on the touchpad anyways lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    I have some Google Music invites (though I'm saving most of them). I PMed a forum member here offering him one, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. When I get home from work (good lord, I've been here for 4.5 hours and still have 7 to go), I'll post something along the lines of "whoever PMs me first gets the invite."
    Would you be kind enough to send me an invite for Google Music please?
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyfingers View Post
    I also have Google music invites if anyone wants to pm me their email address.
    I love to get one if possible. I have asked other person too, but I just need one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_z11 View Post
    Would you be kind enough to send me an invite for Google Music please?
    I can't do anything until I get home from work. I can browse around and log in to forums and what not, but IT frowns upon streaming.

Whenever I get home, I'm just posting something like "first person that PMs me gets an invite" and I'll give the invite to whoever PMs me first. AFTER I post in the thread.

Hopefully, whoever gets that invite will share their invites with the group. Should start with 10 or so.

edit: Argh, ya'll. No PMs please about Google Music invites, no reservations or anything like that. When I am safely at home and able to do so, I will use one of my remaining invites on someone after I post again in the thread.
    Last edited by beardedspoooon; 09/06/2011 at 02:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by elpollodiablo1 View Post
    I stream my music from my Home desktop using VLC to anywhere on the interweb. It also transcodes formats that are not compatible with WebOS. I transcode wmv and .m4a to mp3. VLC remote app as well as web interface allows me to control what VLC streaming to me. No need for internet space or third party services. And to play all you need is the built in webbrowser and media player. If you are interested in how I did this just ask and I may write up a little tutorial.

I am definitely interested in this as an alternative to Ampache - which requires installing MySQL databases and the like, and I would rather not do if i can get away with it. If VLC can just stream from the folder I tell it to stream from then we are in bidness.

So, what's the basic setup?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast