Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By netwrkr9
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    couldn't find a thread on this issue.

When scrolling up and/or down on webpages, it will also pull the page left to right. It will then show another gray layer behind the webpage. I understand if you scroll with a quicker motion the webpage stays straight. I just want it to stay straight when scrolling slowly. Any thoughts?
    Don't drink and scroll.
    Dis and Bacstar like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Don't drink and scroll.

LOL...glad I'm only one left on my side of the building... i was rolling with this comment
    I dislike this feature as well. Is there any way to disable this?
    I completely agree... It makes scrolling a lot less smooth....
    I believe apple has a patent on the lock in horizontal/vertical scrolling in a browser with touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strodtbeck View Post
    I believe apple has a patent on the lock in horizontal/vertical scrolling in a browser with touch.
    its crazy how you can patent such trivial things nowadays...
    Quote Originally Posted by Strodtbeck View Post
    that sounds too ridiculous to be true lol
    lol
    it isn't a joke. . . Though sad, yes.

source: Apple vs. Palm: the in-depth analysis -- Engadget

"Here's the thing, though -- patent #7,479,949, entitled "Touch screen device, method, and graphical user interface for determining commands by applying heuristics" that you might have seen touted around the web as Apple's "key multitouch patent"? It's really not, at least anymore. Patents become narrower in scope as they go through the approval process, and although we teasingly referred to it as "the iPhone patent" when it was initially filed, it now only covers touch devices that have a very specific interface feature: sensing whether or not you want to just scroll up and down in one dimension or pan around in two dimensions based on the angle you initially move your finger relative to the screen. It's way easier to explain this in a video:"

one would think that a mousepad would demonstrate this same thing = prior art.