Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  • 1 Post By dhkeller
  1.    #1  
    I have really been enjoying my overclocked TouchPad with performance patches, with one really big exception.
    The speed at which the TouchPad rotates orientation is so slow!

If I barely tilt my TP, it unintentionally starts to rotate, and I have to wait for it to finish and then wait again for it to rotate back to the original orientation... So Annoying!

My question is, is it even possible to speed up the screen rotation with a patch, or increase the distance required before the TP attempts to rotate?

Common Sense tells me that if HP could make the screen rotate faster they would have done it, but HP and common sense don't really go together either.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Bump.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    I usually just have my rotation lock on and forget it even rotates.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Infinite Jest likes this.
    my issue is that it rotates any time there is a slight breeze, so I leave it locked. The "delay" seems to be their attempt to make sure you really rotatedm but it definitely doesn't work the way it should.
    Agree absolutely with the OP. The rotation "feature" is hands-down my biggest annoyance with the TP. I toggle it off routinely to the point where I wish it had its own damn button on the outside.

I would love to see a patch that influences this behavior.
    Whether it's a physical button, or a soft key....it's the same thing, is it not? At least the soft key isn't going to break, get stuck etc. (recall loose Home buttons and Volume Up buttons that are stuck, for perfectly good examples).

Do you really change orientations that much? (honest question... I'm in landscape for almost everything I do)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    99% of the time I am in landscape view, so I just put the screen lock on, no big deal.
    Likewise almost perma-landscape.
    Didn't the 'faster card' patch and/or WebOS 3.0.2 update kinda sort this issue out from the original twichy slow-response mess?
    Mine won't re-orient screen image until it's at least 50* into the turn anyway.. and then it flips fast!

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Do you really change orientations that much? (honest question... I'm in landscape for almost everything I do)
    My TP responds slowly to my intended changes ... AND introduces phantom changes that I don't intend.

Picking it up to get started often sends it into a fit of rotation that never quite catches up to my flipping it back and forth to get it to stop. And heaven forbid I decide to switch from reclining to sitting on my couch. Add a laugh track and it would make a great viral comedy video on YouTube.
    sledge007 likes this.
    mine doesn't rotate until it is completely turned and rotates instantly. 32gig & 1.5 over clocked.