Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    So according the the twitters of Bryna and Mark, I'm assuming an email went out about the next Touchpad sale that is supposed to happen next week? Well, I didn't get one......anyone else? I really don't want to get screwed out of my last possible chance to get one...that would be......very sad......

Mark
    +1
    +1
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$ $was$ $no$ $email$ $sent$ $out$ $on$ $the$ $status$ $of$ $the$ $touchpads$.

The status of availability of the touchpads has been posted on this blog -- http://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/The-Nex...Way/ba-p/68749

and the blog says Bryna and Mark will update the status on the availability through twitter ( when they know in a few weeks ) .

and the email that was sent out today was for the 25% off when you purchase stuff at the HP store over 599 $ .....
    Yes, that email was not recieved. Which makes me wonder if I will recieve the email when one with actual info gets sent out.
    Here is the email.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad and webOS. The overwhelming demand for this product in recent days has made it difficult to fulfill your request at the present time, and we are working to make more available as soon as possible. While we do not yet have specific details, we know it will be at least a few weeks before we have a limited quantity available again. We will keep you informed as we have more specifics that we can communicate, and we encourage you to join the conversation here for the latest information.

In light of this and other recent HP news, we want you to know that we remain committed to you. We will continue to honor our warranties now and in the future. We will continue delivering products that make a difference in your life and we will continue to provide the best possible service to you every day.

We are grateful for your patience and loyalty and to show our gratitude, we are offering you an exclusive one-time opportunity to save an additional amount on all of our products, valid through the end of the day tomorrow, Wednesday, August 31, 2011. You'll save 25% off all printers, ink, HP accessories, and PCs starting at or above $599. To take advantage of this offer, use your unique coupon code XXXX at checkout, and for more information on the details of this offer, please look at the bottom of this email.

Sincerely,

hpdirect.com
    I didn't get one, either. Seems like a lot of us didn't get the email.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    If any of you need the coupon code I can give you mine .... I don't need it anyway now
    +1
    +1
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I didn't get one either, although I wouldn't buy it for me anyway, I would buy it for a coworker and sell it to him for no profit. My coworker also put in for the notification 2 days after I did and he did receive the email, so I don't know how they decide who gets the email and who doesn't. Its obviously not first come first serve. Also we both put in to be notified for personal and business TPs , so its by the skis either.
    Quote Originally Posted by clay333 View Post
    I didn't get one either, although I wouldn't buy it for me anyway, I would buy it for a coworker and sell it to him for no profit. My coworker also put in for the notification 2 days after I did and he did receive the email, so I don't know how they decide who gets the email and who doesn't. Its obviously not first come first serve. Also we both put in to be notified for personal and business TPs , so its by the skis either.
    HP: Proving their incompetence time and again. It really has been stunning (and entertaining) to watch.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    did you sign up for the notification email?
    Global Posts
    1,288 Global Posts
    yeah, I got that lame email
    I signed up with my work email on the SMB site and no email. I bought TP from the home site and the email came to my gmail account.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Yep I signed up with 2 different email accounts, did not get an email today on either account :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by jjrausch View Post
    Yep I signed up with 2 different email accounts, did not get an email today on either account :-(
    so did I. no email...
    I got the email. I don't even remember signing up for it, as I bought mine at a b&m.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjrausch View Post
    Did you check your spam folder? On one e-mail address I used the server filtered it out as likely spam.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    This is the email I got today:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad and webOS. The overwhelming demand for this product in recent days has made it difficult to fulfill your request at the present time, and we are working to make more available as soon as possible. While we do not yet have specific details, we know it will be at least a few weeks before we have a limited quantity available again. We will keep you informed as we have more specifics that we can communicate, and we encourage you to join the conversation here for the latest information.

In light of this and other recent HP news, we want you to know that we remain committed to you. We will continue to honor our warranties now and in the future. We will continue delivering products that make a difference in your life and we will continue to provide the best possible service to you every day.

We are grateful for your patience and loyalty and to show our gratitude, we are offering you an exclusive one-time opportunity to save an additional amount on all of our products, valid through the end of the day tomorrow, Wednesday, August 31, 2011. You'll save 25% off all printers, ink, HP accessories, and PCs starting at or above $599. To take advantage of this offer, use your unique coupon code xxx at checkout, and for more information on the details of this offer, please look at the bottom of this email.

Sincerely,

hpdirect.com
    pmcall likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast