Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By mhunterjr
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By mrmark27
  1.    #1  
    Today my mother called SMB to check our order status. She was told to expect a 4-6 week wait because more are being manufactured.*

Interestingly thou my mother asked about the Touchpad with 4G that was still being advertised on their site. The rep said they are going to release a 4G with affiliation with AT&t in the future.*So who knows maybe a limited batch of 4G units will be released!

Watch out there maybe some real gems being released but I wouldn't hold out on a 16gb or 32gb expecting these unique unit to be release!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Got the same story when I called this am, but they told me i can cancel if I wanted to
    I've come to the conclusion that NO ONE in HP has a clue about anything. From the CEO to the customer service reps, the entire company is a communications mess. I have a Hard time believing that ATT is interested in selling the touchpad knowing that HP wont be pushing hardware much longer. I have a hardtime believing that HP will manufacture yet another SKU when they are selling the current ones at a HUGE loss.

I believe this is just ANOTHER example in the current trend of HP failing to keep their people up to date. dont get your hopes up.
    The factory probably hasn't heard they were supposed to cancel production either. :-P
    mistaox likes this.
    It could be possible that Touchpad 4Gs have already been produced and are currently sitting in some warehouse.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    It could be possible that Touchpad 4Gs have already been produced and are currently sitting in some warehouse.
    yep, right next to the pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that NO ONE in HP has a clue about anything. From the CEO to the customer service reps, the entire company is a communications mess. I have a Hard time believing that ATT is interested in selling the touchpad knowing that HP wont be pushing hardware much longer. I have a hardtime believing that HP will manufacture yet another SKU when they are selling the current ones at a HUGE loss.

I believe this is just ANOTHER example in the current trend of HP failing to keep their people up to date. dont get your hopes up.
    Why wouldn't ATT want it? They just saw them fly off the shelves and if the 4G model is comparably discounted, why wouldn't ATT want the extra data usage plans?
    Tikkanen likes this.
    Why would they be discounted? Not even HP would intentionally manufacture a product so they could sell it at a loss.

As for the next run of wifi models, HP probably contracted to have them made before the firesale and can't get out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The factory probably hasn't heard they were supposed to cancel production either. :-P
    This made me laugh
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmark27 View Post
    Why wouldn't ATT want it? They just saw them fly off the shelves and if the 4G model is comparably discounted, why wouldn't ATT want the extra data usage plans?
    Why wouldn't At&t want it? They would have to pay people to take them per their set up scheme for them

I think they were going to make people pay 199 for them at a discounted price

original 699............... so by all rights the 400 discount would then be applied to the new adjusted price or what? 150 175? or 200, so you would walk out with $200 in your pocket? Not.............. anyway At&t wants no part of HP right now they have enough problems having paid hundreds of millions to T mobile already and the Gov stopped the deal
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.
    so the TMobile payment is non-refundable?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmark27 View Post
    because why bother when they have a device on the horizon that they can mark up much higher. Why waste the shelf space?
    I already have a Touch Pad