1.    #1  
    Taiwan Economic News

Taipei, June 24, 2011 (CENS)--Inventec Corp., a major contract manufacturer of personal computers in Taiwan, has received big-ticket orders for tablet PCs from Hewlett Packard (HP), said a subcontractor.

As the world`s largest PC brand, HP is now in the tablet PC arena after introducing the 9.7-inch Touch Pad, has ordered from a supplier for 400,000 to 450,000 Touch Pad tablet PCs per month, and will sometime in August launch seven-inch tablet PCs. Inventec will supply HP these two tablet PC models.

An industry insider predicts HP will order three million tablet PCs from Inventec this year, with such orders to help Inventec`s shipment performance in the second half relative to the first one.

Guess that second half isn't going top be as good as they were hoping.

Makes me think HP's waiting on some container ships coming in from Taiwan to ship all those waiting orders.
    USRobotics Palm Pilot -> Palm 3e -> Treo 180 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by errhead View Post
    Taiwan Economic News

Taipei, June 24, 2011 (CENS)--Inventec Corp., a major contract manufacturer of personal computers in Taiwan, has received big-ticket orders for tablet PCs from Hewlett Packard (HP), said a subcontractor.

As the world`s largest PC brand, HP is now in the tablet PC arena after introducing the 9.7-inch Touch Pad, has ordered from a supplier for 400,000 to 450,000 Touch Pad tablet PCs per month, and will sometime in August launch seven-inch tablet PCs. Inventec will supply HP these two tablet PC models.

An industry insider predicts HP will order three million tablet PCs from Inventec this year, with such orders to help Inventec`s shipment performance in the second half relative to the first one.

Guess that second half isn't going top be as good as they were hoping.

Makes me think HP's waiting on some container ships coming in from Taiwan to ship all those waiting orders.

interesting info.

Depending on how many TPs have been sold, there may be tons of both unbuilt and unshipped TPs already contracted for, in the pipeline.

I thought I heard that 500,000 TPs have been sold -- does anyone have a more accurate current total number ??
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/30/2011 at 02:55 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    I want to know what the guy who thought HP could sell 400,000 a month was smoking.
    Well, at $99 they could sell more than 500,000 a month easily!
    If those figures are correct, one would think there were at least 1M produced by the time the kill order came... and chances are there was a contract in place for a certain # to be produced which seems where the remainder that HP has been promising to unleash might be coming from.
    Makes me think HP's waiting on some container ships coming in from Taiwan to ship all those waiting orders
    Not much doubt there, hopefully it doesn't sink
  7. k1l
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    I want to know what the guy who thought HP could sell 400,000 a month was smoking.
    hehe

but that were my thoughts anyway. afaikafaikafaik $there$ $is$ $a$ $stock$ $exchange$ $rule$ $of$ $which$ $they$ $need$ $to$ $call$ $public$ $to$ $stop$ $this$ $production$ $first$ $and$ $cant$ $stop$ $it$ $and$ $announce$ $it$ $some$ $time$ $later$.
    anyway i there is some ship comming with some devices. HP announced this yesterday.

i only hope, i can get one for my dad and i wish i can get a qwertz pre3
    Makes me think HP's waiting on some container ships coming in from Taiwan to ship all those waiting orders.[/COLOR]
    I hope it isn't sailing past Somalia..... :O