1.    #1  
    After using the Touchpad for a week now and installing the patches, and faster Kernel I decided to look at the traffic from the touchpad to the outside world.
    The unit make more than 100 connections to outside IP addresses I have no idea why and what.
    I was able to trace one of the IP's to Serbia.
    What is going on?
    If there any utility we can trace all these connections and see the traffic?
    Quote Originally Posted by blaser View Post
    After using the Touchpad for a week now and installing the patches, and faster Kernel I decided to look at the traffic from the touchpad to the outside world.
    The unit make more than 100 connections to outside IP addresses I have no idea why and what.
    I was able to trace one of the IP's to Serbia.
    What is going on?
    If there any utility we can trace all these connections and see the traffic?
    It sounds normal. Using any of my laptops, browsing using a multiple tabs, it generates 100-300 connections. Not sure how to see it with the touchpad, but it sure sounds right.
  3.    #3  
    I'm not even browsing, the touchpad is idle.
    We need to look into this, it might be a real problem.
    This is how the advertisers generate revenue with tablets. All of them, especially the iPads, are giant pools of spyware. Guess how Apple makes a bunch of its money? Yup, through a share of the ad revenue. The WSJ did a series of articles on this.
  5.    #5  
    Don't you think that one of the preware utilities has a Trojan or phone home.
    We are just downloading and installing patches without knowing what's inside.

How do I wipe my Touchpad completely and restarts from scratch?
    You have to "Doctor" it. Basically, you hook it up to a PC and download a new Flash image to it, wiping out everything that's in it. In essence, I think this is tantamount to brain surgery.

To find out more, do a search on this board for "webosDoctor".