Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    how do HP warranty returns work? Do you ring them, explain your fault and they send you one out, when you receive the replacement you then send back your faulty tp?
    Quote Originally Posted by smell View Post
    how do HP warranty returns work? Do you ring them, explain your fault and they send you one out, when you receive the replacement you then send back your faulty tp?
    Advance replacement just make sure they waive the fee. Some have gotten a prepaid mailer. Either way, don't let them get away with not helping you.
    Mine isn't cracked yet, but I could easily see with how I pick it up holding the corners how it would be very easy to crack them. I found myself putting too much pressure right where the speaker comes together. I have mine in a case since day one, but I'm not sure the case will save them.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    HP just sent me a refurb f8or the crack next to my speaker..and so far so good. But there's one big problem. The screen has like a purple tint to it. On my other touchpad, the whites are bright white. This one is like a dim tint..even with the brightness at the same level and auto dim off. My original touchpad screen has a very bright colored screen. What would you guys do? Deal with it, or call HP again? I still have my original touchpad with me. I didn't send it back yet.
    Can you switch cases? Put the cracked case on the tinted screen and return it?
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    I called them and it seemed to be like a common problem..how sad. Something always must go wrong with these products lol. They said to send my refurb back, and once they get it back they'll send me a new one. If this one has the same problem, I'm just going to keep my original touchpad and put a case on it asap!
    I think that's the best way to go
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    I got a pretty bad crack developed too, near the top (or left) speaker. It slowly cracked from two places and then a small chunk of plastic fell off...

I can see the speaker's side now... It hasn't changed anything functionaly, but it looks and feels terrible. I want to call it in, but they may not have any stock left so I'm kind of hesitating...
    Just set up a return. Search for my posts in another thread and I explain how warranty returns like this work. Trust me, they have "spares."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12