1.    #1  
    My wife and I each got a touchpad 32gb. One of them constantly freezes. There seems to be no pattern when its happening, browsing the web, playing a game, scrolling, whatever. The screen just becomes unresponsive, sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after a few seconds, it just doesn't register a touch. If you click the power button to turn of the screen, then click again to turn it right back on, the screen becomes responsive again. It did this straight out of the box before upgrading to 3.02, the update didn't change anything. Has anyone else experienced this or have a solution?

Thanks,
    Mike
    I'm having the same problem. I think I'm going to contact HP to get a refurb replacement. I've already doctored it once but the problem keeps happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by mboich View Post
    My wife and I each got a touchpad 32gb. One of them constantly freezes. There seems to be no pattern when its happening, browsing the web, playing a game, scrolling, whatever. The screen just becomes unresponsive, sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after a few seconds, it just doesn't register a touch. If you click the power button to turn of the screen, then click again to turn it right back on, the screen becomes responsive again. It did this straight out of the box before upgrading to 3.02, the update didn't change anything. Has anyone else experienced this or have a solution?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Mine does the same! it is annoying and I sent it back to HP for repair. I posted another thread here a few days back with no help Looks like it is a not bug with everyone's. Mine is a 32G too!
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ck-screen.html
    I contacted HP support and they told me it was most likely caused by Preware. They said HP does not recommend using Preware or any Homebrew programs as they mess up the operating system

What a joke! I guess I have to doctor it to prove that the problem exists without all the goodness...

Actually that was their first question. Have you installed anything outside of the App Catalog. When I said "Yes - I have installed a few apps from Preware", his reply was "Oh!". I thought HP was behind the homebrewers?
    Last edited by dsalonius; 09/01/2011 at 03:56 PM.
    Mine does this also but the freeze/unresponsiveness lasts usually just a split second. I thought it's just lagging but usually I'm not running anything else in the background so not sure why this happens. Kind of annoying.