Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    I didnt expect to fall in love with my touchpad so quickly and as soon as I loaded up 800MB of comics on it... it was starting to regret not having the extra space inside it. Still have to add music, movies or photos...

I also checked my available hard drive space and it said I only had 11 gb left... (sucks how you never get the exact amount of memory posted on the box)

I was kind of bummed out that it does not have a micro sd slot..
    Can I hook anything into like a hard drive?

Will the "Cloud" be my only option?

Also-
    For those who need a case I ordered one from Verizon Wireless it fits perfectly for $10 bucks!
    Free shipping too...

http://www.verizonwireless.com/griff...-leather.shtml
    To buy this you have to select device--> choose Ipad1 --> then proceed to checkout.
    DemonHighwayman likes this.
    I forsee someone eventually figuring out how to solder or add a 128gb flash drive internally or something
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  3. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    use your free box.net space and upload your files there. Will work fine for you as long as you have access to the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by plasticslug View Post
    I didnt expect to fall in love with my touchpad so quickly and as soon as I loaded up 800MB of comics on it... it was starting to regret not having the extra space inside it. Still have to add music, movies or photos...

I also checked my available hard drive space and it said I only had 11 gb left... (sucks how you never get the exact amount of memory posted on the box)

I was kind of bummed out that it does not have a micro sd slot..
    Can I hook anything into like a hard drive?

Will the "Cloud" be my only option?

Also-
    For those who need a case I ordered one from Verizon Wireless it fits perfectly for $10 bucks!
    Free shipping too...

http://www.verizonwireless.com/griff...-leather.shtml
    To buy this you have to select device--> choose Ipad1 --> then proceed to checkout.
    Maybe try a trade with someone who bought a 32 and would like a 16?
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    or use ure box.net account for an extra 50 gigs. and i just got an email offering an additional 50 gigs to a "friend" hehehe
    100 gigs of storage baby!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Yeah, I wanted to get the 16GB because it was cheaper, but BB only had the 32GB ones left... now I'm glad. I've already used up most of the space, lol. About 5GB left.

box.net is nice, but my upload rate is painfully slow...
  7.    #7  
    is box.net free forever?

Or is it something that I am going to loose after a year or so?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Well got the 16g an just use my Seagate wireless portable hard drive 500 th of storage space and just store my music and files on it
    Quote Originally Posted by skyscanr View Post
    Well got the 16g an just use my Seagate wireless portable hard drive 500 th of storage space and just store my music and files on it
    How's that work? What does the wireless run over, does it give it an IP address or something?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    is box.net free forever?

Box.net is free for life. There was an article about it on the site a little while after the TouchPad was launched. The only problem is that it seem that Box.net only allows you to download data from your cloud, not stream. So using it would still eat at your internal storage.

I'm hoping Box.net & HP work to add streaming functionality but I wouldn't hold my breath. I think if TouchPad owners bombared Box.net's support site we could make it happen though.
    I am, therefore I think
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    Box.net is free for life. There was an article about it on the site a little while after the TouchPad was launched. The only problem is that it seem that Box.net only allows you to download data from your cloud, not stream. So using it would still eat at your internal storage.

I'm hoping Box.net & HP work to add streaming functionality but I wouldn't hold my breath. I think if TouchPad owners bombared Box.net's support site we could make it happen though.
    You CAN stream from Box net thru orb if you connect to your box.net account through webdave and map it as a hard drive. Admittedly this is a jerry rigged way to do it.
    DemonHighwayman likes this.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Would it be feasible to use a usb cable with the mini plug for the Tpad in order to use a regular thumb drive? Does such an animal even exist?
    micro usb drive ! problem solved...
    http://www.2dayblog.com/images/2009/...ry/mfsu2_1.jpg
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried Google Music to see if streams? Or Amazon? Or those types???
    Quote Originally Posted by limitbreak View Post
    micro usb drive ! problem solved...
    http://www.2dayblog.com/images/2009/...ry/mfsu2_1.jpg
    Not gonna work, at least not at this moment...

I will add, not sure if anyone has tried it with linux.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $free$ $forever$.

is box.net free forever?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Not gonna work, at least not at this moment...

I will add, not sure if anyone has tried it with linux.
    Why ? music, videos, etc.. can be stored there
    When I bought mine, I was bummed that they only had the 32GB version. Then I started loading stuff on there and it became clear why it was a good buy.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I'm holding out in hopes someone will trade me a 32gb for my NIB 16gb, but so far no luck

Hopefully I can grab one when HP sells more.
    Treo 680, Treo 750, Pre-, Touchpad
    I regret getting my 32g because I don't have that much music/photo/video etc. I wish I didn't spend the extra $50 not that I can't afford it but it was a waste for me.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast