Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffPom View Post
    Has anyone tried Google Music to see if streams? Or Amazon? Or those types???
    Yes, you can stream with the google music website. I'm actually streaming as I type!
    I just wanted to point out that Box.net has an upload limit. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I was uploading a large (342 meg) PDF file and it told me that it was too big.

I'm grateful for the Box account for music and docs, but I can't see uploading movies in bite-sized chunks....
    Quote Originally Posted by limitbreak View Post
    Why ? music, videos, etc.. can be stored there
    The TouchPad doesn't have the ability to access the information or to store information on it.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4.    #24  
    Its funny how and why im still worrying about this with 11 gigs left...

I got that compulsive personality... just like the 4 days I completely lost trying to buy one.
    dreamonn likes this.
    I was forced to get the 32GB version because the 16GB was already out of stock. In hindsight, it's a perfect choice for me given how much local storage I'm likely to need. For some reason, the places I usually go to rarely have free wi-fi.
  6.    #26  
    The advantage with the 16 gb, is that it will allow you to cycle through your media. Once I am done with these comics, I will make room for more, same with movies, etc...

In reality we probably only use a few gigs, the rest just sits there taking space.

Its kind of a crunch though...
    Quote Originally Posted by plasticslug View Post
    In reality we probably only use a few gigs, the rest just sits there taking space.
    Isn't that kinda the point? I like having a wide selection of content readily available on the device so I can read, watch, play whatever catches my fancy at any given time.
    sledge007 and H_D like this.
    I got this:

GoFlex Satellite Wireless | Seagate

It's a wifi external 500gb HDD. When turned on, it creates it's own wifi network that you select on the TP. You will not have access to the internet though. Then, it has a web-browser interface that allows you to download files from the drive. Has a built in battery too. iPad and Android have an app, not sure if webOS will be supported, but I did email them. However, some functionality is bugged due to the default browser on the TP. File lists greater than a page length causes scrolling issues. I use the Search field to find files in that case. The upload function doesn't work yet. I haven't tried music, but if movies are encoded to MP4, it'll stream movies directly to the device, otherwise, it downloads locally then allows you to play using a different player. I'm using the Kalemsoft player.

It's a bit pricey though... but I know I won't be hurting for storage when on vacation and have no access to a laptop.
    Nice!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Is there any way to just connect an external USB drive via the microUSB socket on the TP? My guess would be there would be an issue with the external drive drawing enough power to function.
    Quote Originally Posted by MercuryCrest View Post
    I just wanted to point out that Box.net has an upload limit. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I was uploading a large (342 meg) PDF file and it told me that it was too big.

I'm grateful for the Box account for music and docs, but I can't see uploading movies in bite-sized chunks....
    Huh? I've uploaded 2 900MB movies so far and didn't have a problem...? This was on my free 50GB account (the normal 5gb limits uploads to something like 25MB or something)...
    I've got a 16gb ipad 2 and I've filled it up with a small amount of games - it's so frustrating to pay for stuff and not being able to use it until something else I paid for is deleted!

I don't intend on filling the Touchpad up with games, but I don't want to experience that frustration again with running out of memory on a device that has no SD card slot. I could only order the 32gb model and I'm glad I did.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustmonkey View Post
    Huh? I've uploaded 2 900MB movies so far and didn't have a problem...? This was on my free 50GB account (the normal 5gb limits uploads to something like 25MB or something)...

it wont let me do that says i have to upgrade my account....and i have the 50gb free personal account...box.net knows that 25mb transfer is garbage and very minimal people will use this....
    if I could have purchased two TP at $99 then I would have gone that way instead of getting two 32g units...well maybe one 16g and one 32g. presently my needs, on a TP, would not require 32g I'm thinking and for darn sure it seems I would not use up 32g of space downloading TP apps...unlike my 1st gen ipad.

more space is always better for sure but pricing was such that 16g would have been the better deal of the two.

just read a post on mapping a box.net network drive which makes it easier to copy photos and such over to the cloud. too bad box.net does not offer a desktop pc sync feature, only offered for business accounts; unlike dropbox. but heck 50g of free storage is not a bad deal I figure.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stlcardinal9 View Post
    really because it wont let me do that?
    There seems to be an issue where not everyone has been given the same account on Box.net. Some have an account called Personal+50GB and others have an account called Lite (5GB). The Lite account only allows a max size file of 100MB and the Personal allows a max size of 1GB.

No one seems to be able to work out how some ended up with one and not the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by -BA- View Post
    No one seems to be able to work out how some ended up with one and not the other.
    I was a first time user of Box.net and signed up on the TP. I notice there is an Android/iPad app as well. So I wonder if some people on other devices signed up via their TP using their existing accounts? Not sure what offers Box.net were available on the other devices though.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    or use ure box.net account for an extra 50 gigs. and i just got an email offering an additional 50 gigs to a "friend" hehehe
    100 gigs of storage baby!
    how do you get 50 gigs free? I looked to sign up today at box.net and it was 5 gigs free.
    Quote Originally Posted by bxborn31 View Post
    how do you get 50 gigs free? I looked to sign up today at box.net and it was 5 gigs free.
    Use their app on touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffPom View Post
    Has anyone tried Google Music to see if streams? Or Amazon? Or those types???
    Google Music works
    you will need to make sure the HDD will work in infrastructure (router) mode. THe TP does not do ad hoc networks.
    I read that the microusb connection also doesnot has a host chip (or something). Anyway that means you cannot connect a card reader to it, so essentially the internal storage is all you get- no sd card supplementation.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast