1.    #1  
    After looking at HPs website (faq section) and receiving an email saying that the touchpad will not be available for at least a few weeks im beginning to think that ebay isn't such a bad bet.

If HP had the touchpads available Id gladly pay a hefty premium for one. I actually planned on getting one and using it for school which starts next week. That puts a deadline on when id like to have one by.

Im Impatient, I want a touchpad

We'll see if I get lucky on ebay
    If you are willing to pay a 'hefty premium' for one as you say, you can always get on on ebay
    i suggest checking craigslist first. i've seen a few on there going for alot less than the ones on ebay.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    If you are willing to pay a 'hefty premium' for one as you say, you can always get on on ebay
    What boggles my mind is the markup on 16GB TP's on ebay is more than 32GB. I see a large number of 32GB units going for around $280, less than 100% above firesale, but the 16GB units regularly go for $220-$230.
    IDK, $280 for a 32 GB tablet still is not that bad of a price, also, you are not paying sales tax.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You didn't really read the op's post, did you? :P
  7.    #7  
    the only thing that gets me with the ebay prices is the shipping. one seller was charging 35 dollars? it was a tad ridiculous

Im trying to get that 32gb tho
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris_treo700 View Post
    the only thing that gets me with the ebay prices is the shipping. one seller was charging 35 dollars? it was a tad ridiculous

Im trying to get that 32gb tho
    Those are shipping and *handling* charges, and is one method of increasing profit.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Will the article today that Hp may continue the TP cause prices to increase?

(I hope they do continue I want an alternative to Apple that is better than android TP is pretty good and it will kill the Apple Fboys they are already in shock over this)
  10.    #10  
    more supply = less demand. Right now there is a shortage of touchpads. Some may say because many people bought 10 of them when they could leaving others without them. I say its simple supply and demand. There werent enough touchpads to go around at 100/150 so now were seeing the market reach its equilibrium point/stabilize at around 200/250.

I might have to buy one of these b*stard *ss things from ebay. I really dont want to spend 250 on one but id like to have something i can use for school. I have a laptop but it has some issues that I wouldnt want to deal with if I took it out of the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris_treo700 View Post
    I have a laptop but it has some issues that I wouldnt want to deal with if I took it out of the house.
    P0rn ... ROFL
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Those are shipping and *handling* charges, and is one method of increasing profit.
    Yup especially cuz ebay doesn't take a cut of shipping and handling. This is why you can buy car parts for .01 with 49.99 shipping and handling.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    It's all about what's important to you personally and how much you feel comfortable paying. Even paying $300 for a 32GB version is a good deal considering that's $200-300 lower than the retail prices.

Advice about Craigslist - BE CAREFUL. Ebay has built-in ways to protect buyers from scams while Craigslist usually contains much more risk. Remember the old adage of "let the buyer beware".
    War Eagle!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    P0rn ... ROFL
    lol naw dude my charger port is connected with speaker wire and electrical tape close tho