Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    For those of you that didn't get the e-mail, when you signed up did you get a confirmation that you had signed up on screen? The first few days the signup page was up, it was hit so hard it would seem like you signed up but it didn't actually go through.

Tried again when people were tweeting it was fixed and it went through.
    I signed up to be notified of when the TP became available and did get a conformation, so you might be right here.

I finally just bought a 32GB TP for $267 out the door, I was having withdraws and could really use it everyday at school so I figured what the heck, I've already been screwed by HP, what's a little more. Plus all these free apps might be fun. I also bought a pre2. Keeping it in the family I guess.
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    Hi all,

I just went to look something on using Yahoo & I noticed the following:

They have a listing in the top left corner of home page called "what's trending now" section...which is current top ten items search for. The TouchPad is currently #4!
    Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    For those of you that didn't get the e-mail, when you signed up did you get a confirmation that you had signed up on screen? The first few days the signup page was up, it was hit so hard it would seem like you signed up but it didn't actually go through.

Tried again when people were tweeting it was fixed and it went through.
    Yep, got the verification, but still have not received email...
    Hi all,

A friend just asked me it it's too late to put your name on the list now? If you still can where is this done?

thanks & Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by acco1st View Post
    Yep, got the verification, but still have not received email...
    Weird, both the wife and I got our e-mails.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

A friend just asked me it it's too late to put your name on the list now? If you still can where is this done?

thanks & Take care,

Jay
    They took the signup down, most likely cuz we kept crashing it.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    On the 29th i received an email from hpdirectorders@hp.com
    with confirmation number of my order of 32gb touchpad plus freight and tax
    totaling $164.06. my first thought was..hmmm this must be a scam because when i would click on the link, the page would crash. So i called hp sbs support to see if the page was down. the guy @ hp said "are you calling about a touchpad order?" i said yes and gave him my confirmation number. he said "that is a valid order and it will be processed" i asked when it would ship and he said "you will recieve an email when your touchpad ships with a tracking number".
    i asked " do you know when?" he said "you will receive an email when your order ships" I said "soo this is for real? i mean i have placed about half a dozen orders with various vendors and all have cancelled"
    he said "your order is valid and you will receive your touchpad" I cannot believe it. still skeptical of this, so i called 866 number from the email to see if i could get someone else, no they have a message about orders placed before 4am on 8/22/11 will be honored. mine was on the 21st... so wish me luck!!!
    Last edited by cptnjarhead; 08/31/2011 at 02:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    any chance someone who received this email and isn't going to use the code might pm me one? I have hadthe touchpad since July 1 and missed the run on acesories.

Thanks
    F UUUUUUUU HP 25% Ink .....

TURBO PRINTER FTW

cptnjarhead likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicboy View Post
    "Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad and webOS. The overwhelming demand for this product in recent days has made it difficult to fulfill your request at the present time, and we are working to make more available as soon as possible. While we do not yet have specific details, we know it will be at least a few weeks before we have a limited quantity available again. We will keep you informed as we have more specifics that we can communicate, and we encourage you to join the conversation here for the latest information.

In light of this and other recent HP news, we want you to know that we remain committed to you. We will continue to honor our warranties now and in the future. We will continue delivering products that make a difference in your life and we will continue to provide the best possible service to you every day.

We are grateful for your patience and loyalty and to show our gratitude, we are offering you an exclusive one-time opportunity to save an additional amount on all of our products, valid through the end of the day tomorrow, Wednesday, August 31, 2011. You'll save 25% off all printers, ink, HP accessories, and PCs starting at or above $599. To take advantage of this offer, use your unique coupon code ********** at checkout, and for more information on the details of this offer, please look at the bottom of this email.

Sincerely,

hpdirect.com"

So they will have more, just don't know when, might be weeks? Then they try to sell more of their product, great. I think I'll wait.

Please someone, may I have someones promocode HP gave you to use in your email? It will be invalid by midnight tonight.. May I have it to use if you dont want it?? I really need a new printer ... I "wasted" mine yesterday on some stupid ink!
    Just a heads up, even though the e-mail says 599 and up, the promo code works on anything it seems. I just got a TouchStone and 2 cases 25% off entire order. So get those accessories while they are in stock!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Darn, the price on accessories is good with the 25% off. Too bad they only gave me 1.5 days to use the coupon, which I didn't because I didn't see VW's post, and now it's expired. Heck, I thought the Touchstones were permanently out of stock, but now they're back.

Actually, coupon code SAVE30HP and SAVE15HP work on these.
    I haven't gotten anything myself, I have 4 x 16GB TPs I ordered on the 21st (order confirmation arrived 26 hours before the cut off period) that have not shipped yet - the order is in "Admin" status. I had a 2nd order of 1 TP with a bunch of accessories from the 22nd and that arrived yesterday.

Though I just checked the order status again and it says delivery for today(with shipment on the 29th), but no indication that it has shipped, and while my CC was charged at one point it's not reflecting the charge now.

This all from the HP SMB store. Also find it strange that they continue to flip flop between order status systems, one that uses a username/password to login and another that uses a order# and date to check, both with significantly different information.
    Quote Originally Posted by natepre509 View Post
    I haven't gotten anything myself, I have 4 x 16GB TPs I ordered on the 21st (order confirmation arrived 26 hours before the cut off period) that have not shipped yet - the order is in "Admin" status. I had a 2nd order of 1 TP with a bunch of accessories from the 22nd and that arrived yesterday.

Though I just checked the order status again and it says delivery for today(with shipment on the 29th), but no indication that it has shipped, and while my CC was charged at one point it's not reflecting the charge now.

This all from the HP SMB store. Also find it strange that they continue to flip flop between order status systems, one that uses a username/password to login and another that uses a order# and date to check, both with significantly different information.
    When I check order status (not from SMB), it gives me the option for either way to check status every time.

Have you tried calling? I got through instantly yesterday when I was having problems placing an order via the website.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234