Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I received the email too. Decided to see if it was worth buying a printer compatible with the Touchpad. Turns out all the printers are already discounted and you can't apply the 25% extra off of them. Real sh@tty.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I never had order confirmation from HP, this is from the sign up to be notified page.
    Well that makes me feel a bit better. That email made it seem like they were cancelling/backordering my previous order.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    Craigslists and ebay TP price are coming down as the publicity and hysteria die -- and those who bought only on spec worry about being stuck with unwanted TPs start nervously lowering their prices

in about a month $125 should be very viable
    I've noticed that too. Though the odd 32GB unit is still going over $300, more and more are coming in around $280 and even below.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    The 25% off is only on purchases at or above $599
    Don't think so. Oddly worded but I believe they meant "PCs starting at or above $599" only. You'd be hard-pressed to find ink and accessories that cost $599. That simply doesn't make sense.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Used the 25% off coupon and it only applied to the BT keyboard and carrying case. All the phone accessories are on deep discount so those were better than the coupon code.

Sadly they're out of TP touchstones and the flippy cases, but those are just nice-to-have items.
    I signed up for the e-mail notification, but never attempted to order directly from HP, and I got the e-mail. 25% off of a >$598 computer is only the minimum of the price I paid @ BB for my TP; I'd rather have a TP for $150 than spend $450 ... .
    Here it is (delivered to my inbox at 9:30):

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad and webOS. The overwhelming demand for this product in recent days has made it difficult to fulfill your request at the present time, and we are working to make more available as soon as possible. While we do not yet have specific details, we know it will be at least a few weeks before we have a limited quantity available again. We will keep you informed as we have more specifics that we can communicate, and we encourage you to join the conversation here for the latest information.

In light of this and other recent HP news, we want you to know that we remain committed to you. We will continue to honor our warranties now and in the future. We will continue delivering products that make a difference in your life and we will continue to provide the best possible service to you every day.

We are grateful for your patience and loyalty and to show our gratitude, we are offering you an exclusive one-time opportunity to save an additional amount on all of our products, valid through the end of the day tomorrow, Wednesday, August 31, 2011. You'll save 25% off all printers, ink, HP accessories, and PCs starting at or above $599. To take advantage of this offer, use your unique coupon code 2026240934 at checkout, and for more information on the details of this offer, please look at the bottom of this email.

Sincerely,

hpdirect.com
    can I use that coupon number to buy TouchPad's TouchStone , Keyboard , & case?
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PF Graham View Post
    starting at or above $599.
    That is ridiculous.
    Eh?

I didn't get an email...:-\
    Ok... very odd I ordered one from SMB and signed up for notification but I didn't get an email at all. I think I signed up for notifications on the 32 GB touchpad. I didn't do the 16 gb. What did everyone else sign up for?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    can I use that coupon number to buy TouchPad's TouchStone , Keyboard , & case?
    Maybe the keyboard, but the Touchstone and case are out of stock, so no on those. (How do I know?....I checked about an hour ago. :-)
    Not a good idea to post your unique coupon code.
    <<threads merged>>
    I got the same email but I also registered to be notified when new ones would be in. When I check order status it still says it is being shipped sept 11 so maybe it was for if you wanted to be notified about when more touchpads would be in stock?
    Quote Originally Posted by blaidan View Post
    Don't think so. Oddly worded but I believe they meant "PCs starting at or above $599" only. You'd be hard-pressed to find ink and accessories that cost $599. That simply doesn't make sense.
    What was incorrect about my statement? I said purchases at or above $599, you just said the exact same thing I did.

Ohhh and not quite 599, but over $500
    http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/p...ssories/C8563A

Toner can get pricey.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I did not get an email :\

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Me either, and I signed up for notification twice.
    For those of you that didn't get the e-mail, when you signed up did you get a confirmation that you had signed up on screen? The first few days the signup page was up, it was hit so hard it would seem like you signed up but it didn't actually go through.

Tried again when people were tweeting it was fixed and it went through.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    PROTIP: They are producing a few more TP's ending, at maximum, Oct 31

Patience! I must attain more patience!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast