Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    My e-mail came through at 9:12, just got it now since my Veer doesn't agree with gmail push e-mail for some ungodly reason.

The 25% off is only on purchases at or above $599
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    s there anyone who received this email who didn't place an order (just signed up for the email list)?
    I did not place an order, only signed up for the list, and received the above email. I signed up online AND called, a call center person took my name and email address. Both of these sign up actions occurred during the first day or 2 of the fire sale.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by NCCaniac View Post
    and offered a 25% off discount code off any purchase from the hpdirect.com site through August 31.
    You'll save 25% off all printers, ink, HP accessories, and PCs starting at or above $599.
    I just received this email. Previously I've received an order confirmation from them (ordered on SMB on 8/21), but I also signed up for the "let me know when more touchpads are in stock" email list.

I wonder if the email was sent to the people who signed up for the email list, or to people who previously had order confirmations. Is there anyone who received this email who didn't place an order (just signed up for the email list)?
    that's a key question

I have an unfilled pending order -- plus I just signed up for notification

(I've gotten this email too)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    I received the email and then decided to go get myself a deal on a new pc since mine is dying a very slow death. I configured one, and then found out I can't use the coupon. The pc's are strictly limited. I'm guessing to ones that are stock. Well, I guess this is a worthless coupon for me.
    not really relavant since these previous posts say it all, but i also received the email...

for those interested in the email contents:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the HP TouchPad and webOS. The overwhelming demand for this product in recent days has made it difficult to fulfill your request at the present time, and we are working to make more available as soon as possible. While we do not yet have specific details, we know it will be at least a few weeks before we have a limited quantity available again. We will keep you informed as we have more specifics that we can communicate, and we encourage you to join the conversation here for the latest information.

In light of this and other recent HP news, we want you to know that we remain committed to you. We will continue to honor our warranties now and in the future. We will continue delivering products that make a difference in your life and we will continue to provide the best possible service to you every day.

We are grateful for your patience and loyalty and to show our gratitude, we are offering you an exclusive one-time opportunity to save an additional amount on all of our products, valid through the end of the day tomorrow, Wednesday, August 31, 2011. You'll save 25% off all printers, ink, HP accessories, and PCs starting at or above $599. To take advantage of this offer, use your unique coupon code ******* at checkout, and for more information on the details of this offer, please look at the bottom of this email.

Sincerely,

hpdirect.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    So, anyone with an extra Touchpad can please feel free to sell me one for a small premium.?.
    Just to say, the extra 32 gig I got I sold at exact cost (well okay 39 cents over to make it a round dollar amount, $162). If I was selling the other 16 gig I would sell for probably right at cost +shipping maybe 10 over if I had to go out and ship it (I am lazy when it comes to things like that).

It's the free market, so I am not hating on anyone doing what they are doing. But I do feel for the folks that can't get their hands on one and are long time Palm users. I wasted a good 72 hours on firesale weekend then spent a week unsure if I was gonna get anything. Still don't have an HP case for my wife or my 2nd 16 gig (shoulda bought the accessories when I had a chance).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I got the email too.
    At least weeks away, if at all.
    I think its all really just a way to have this huge mailing list to sell HP products too.
    If they ever so sell some more they say its very limited amounts. I bet much less than the first fire sale. So the odds of getting one will still be very slim.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjmacke View Post
    Got one too, so I'm biting the bullet and hitting up Craigslist for one. I'll use my coupon code to go buy accessories.
    Craigslists and ebay TP price are coming down as the publicity and hysteria die -- and those who bought only on spec worry about being stuck with unwanted TPs start nervously lowering their prices

in about a month $125 should be very viable
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    If I was selling the other 16 gig I would sell for probably right at cost +shipping maybe 10 over if I had to go out and ship it (I am lazy when it comes to things like that).
    Very reasonable, and I would purchase that from you in a "flash."

BTW, if I don't get my hands on a 16gb Touchpad, I may have a case (and stand, and charger) to sell you on similar terms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtone View Post
    I got the email too.
    At least weeks away, if at all.
    I think its all really just a way to have this huge mailing list to sell HP products too.
    If they ever so sell some more they say its very limited amounts. I bet much less than the first fire sale. So the odds of getting one will still be very slim.
    When you signed up for the e-mail, you had the option to not receive other notifications.

I am on so many HP mailing lists it's not even funny any more.
    I disagree with this. Craigslist has nothing but WTB ads (of course all wanting below market value) with nothing listed for sale. ebay has been going strong for a week with constant auctions (ending almost every minute at any given time) and keeping a consistent value of ~$220 for 16gb and ~260 for 32gb. I see them selling out long before demand dies off.

oh i got the email as well... will probably pick up some ink since I have an hp printer already. coupon really isn't much good for anything else. oh and you get free next day shipping as well (for ink only).
    I think if more come available the firesale price will be adjusted upwards.. why would they continue to sell them so cheaply if they know there is a high demand even at around $200? Well thats what I would do but HP cant afford me to think for them...
    I got the email too, very depressing. It will be harder to justify the Ebay price for a 32gb pad, looks like they are going around $250.
    HP is tweeting something "good" about the TP:
    "Alright, too early for some fun I guess. I tried. #wah #wah #wah. We actually have some good news to share imho."
    It's Bryna@HP
    <threads merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Me too... No email for me
    I signed up with 3 different email addresses and NONE of them have gotten the email yet.

So much for being notified when they are in stock...
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    yeah got the email just now few more weeks it seem for all waiting I'm glad I bought the second from friend when offered
    Quote Originally Posted by lafester View Post
    I disagree with this. Craigslist has nothing but WTB ads (of course all wanting below market value) with nothing listed for sale. ebay has been going strong for a week with constant auctions (ending almost every minute at any given time) and keeping a consistent value of ~$220 for 16gb and ~260 for 32gb. I see them selling out long before demand dies off.
    in the last 24 hrs I have seen them on craigs for $175, and ebay at $200.

But if you're in a hurry, I've seen many available for $300+ too.

(a period of perceived shortage has hyped demand -- a sort of TouchPad tulip bubble, if you will)
    I just received this email. Previously I've received an order confirmation from them (ordered on SMB on 8/21), but I also signed up for the "let me know when more touchpads are in stock" email list.

I wonder if the email was sent to the people who signed up for the email list, or to people who previously had order confirmations. Is there anyone who received this email who didn't place an order (just signed up for the email list)?
    I never had order confirmation from HP, this is from the sign up to be notified page.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast