Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Anyone know how to access the ESPN's tablet optimized site. On android and iOS one is taken directly to it. I can't figure out how to access it on the touchpad (if it's possible at all?)
    try to copy the URL from the iPad/Android tablet once the ESPN tablet optimized site opens up. And then copy it in TP and open it up in TP.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Doesn't work (hence why I asked).

On my cyanogenmod nook color, it has the tablet optimized page at ESPN Home, but that just takes you to normal mobile site on my touchpad.

wondering if it's user agent. Able to spoof it with an ipad?
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3115837

seems to have fixed it (novaterm'd it, created the file, ran it)

edit: sort of fixed it. Doesn't have all the functionality of my android tablet (i.e. image bar at top isn't scrollable, perhaps other functionality is missing too, probably a good reason why espn ignores the touchpad's user agent)

edit2: and it can't play the videos for some reason(though it played the flash videos perfectly from the desktop page). It pops them out into the media player app, but then just sits there for a while circling till it says can't play.

edit: reverted, browser doesn't support any of the functionality needed so gave up.
    Last edited by spotter; 08/30/2011 at 12:35 PM.
    I noticed something really interesting. On the TP if I go straight to m.espn.com I get the old mobile site but if I type a url like: ESPN NBA Scores, I get the new tablet optimized site and I can click on any of the other links on the nba page and stay on the tablet optimized site. I wonder why we cant just access the whole optimized site? Its really annoying.
    yeah, bizarre. I got fed up with the CBS Sports app as it didn't do a good job of what I wanted most --get me to the scores and live scoreboards I care about quickly. So I put the ESPN app on my TP. Yes, it isn't HD, but I can configure it to show the sports I care about and to highlight teams. When I click on a score of a game in progress, it launches the tablet optimised gametracker in a webpage, which is just what I want. But if you click the ESPN home page link on that page you get the mobile version of ESPN, as already noted.