Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I think it is because of the way webOS browser works. The browser is basically a javascript app itself. The javascript engine running on top of linux is very fast, it has to be to run all the apps and services on the touchpad. So you basically have a javascript app running javascript code from a web page. If they could feed the javascript from a website to main jsjsjs $engine$, $it$ $would$ $be$ $a$ $lot$ $faster$.
    hm. i wonder if there is some method to redirect
    Did a quick test to see if cnet and endgadget sites load any faster with 3.04 update and UK 1.5 ondemand (cache cleared but no ad blocker patch).

Cnet loaded in 29 sec and Endgadget loaded in 25. These are only couple seconds faster than 3.02 with UK 1.5.

My sunspider score improved by 19% with 3.04 and UK so I was hoping to see a bigger improvement but sadly its not to be.

Can you guys also try these 2 sites and post your results?
    Hi,

I copied the OPs code into the correct location and saved the file then did a lunar restart but it's not working for me.
    Can I just confirm where I"m supposed to put the 'jsjsjs+' $command$($s$)?

If I open my browser (I'm assuming this works in the Advanced Browser?) and if I have set my preferences so that Javascript is Off and if I then just type jsjsjs+ $into$ $the$ $url$ $line$ $nothing$ $happens$. $If$ $I$ $check$ $my$ $preferences$ $Javascript$ $is$ $still$ $Off$. $If$ $I$ $create$ $a$ $new$ $bookmark$ $and$ $put$ $the$ $phrase$ $js$+ $into$ $the$ $title$ $and$/$or$ $the$ $url$ $section$ $of$ $the$ $bookmark$, $when$ $I$ $click$ $on$ $the$ $bookmark$ $the$ $browser$ $downloads$ $some$ $random$ $file$ $for$ $me$.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    Just tried engadget here, full load took 31 seconds, but it was easily usable and completely recognizable within 10 seconds. Looks like there's a veritable *****-ton of HTML and other content in the page, takes damn forever to pull it down.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Odd, Endgadget loads on my tp In 7-10 seconds. I am running the adblock & unthrottled patches. Javascript is on.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Odd, Endgadget loads on my tp In 7-10 seconds. I am running the adblock & unthrottled patches. Javascript is on.
    Takes about 22 seconds for me for either site to load fully, so the blue line stops completely. That's with adblock installed or not. Block popups & javascript on.
    With either site I'm able to click on a link after about 3-5 seconds to navigate away from the home page before the rest of it loads.
    Changing to google's DNS has helped speed up browsing over my Comcast DNS.
    namebench - Open-source DNS Benchmark Utility - Google Project Hosting
    Google Public DNS
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    Did a quick test to see if cnet and endgadget sites load any faster with 3.04 update and UK 1.5 ondemand (cache cleared but no ad blocker patch).

Cnet loaded in 29 sec and Endgadget loaded in 25. These are only couple seconds faster than 3.02 with UK 1.5.

My sunspider score improved by 19% with 3.04 and UK so I was hoping to see a bigger improvement but sadly its not to be.

Can you guys also try these 2 sites and post your results?
    I updated to 3.0.4, overclocked to 1.5Ghz with Uberkernel, got a lithium benchmark score of 101, and 2650 for Sunspider Javascript benchmark.

Cnet on my TP loaded in 23 sec, and Engadget in 25. Cnet seemed to be almost completely loaded in 10 sec, and Engadget in 15 sec (perhaps the latter has way more pictures to load).
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345