Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I believe others were in the same boat that I am... Still own a Sprint Pre seemingly eligible for the $50 rebate, but not my active phone. (I have a Veer.) I had hoped for details prior to buying since I have a 16GB on order, but would likely get the 32GB for the extra $50.

I think I am going to take the leap of faith that the rebate will apply to me, and try to get the 32. Anyone else make a decision?
    I haven't seen anything that says your eligible phone has to be active.

According to the email:

What you’ll need:
    1. Serial number of your eligible webOS smartphone*
    2. Receipt from your 32GB TouchPad purchase
    3. UPC code from your TouchPad package

* Eligible smartphones are Palm Pre, Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pixi, and Palm Pixi Plus.

You should be able to find the serial number under the battery of your eligible phone.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Yeah I think that is my conclusion. Still a little annoyed they could not get the details out or answer my direct question before starting sales, but so be it.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Hey everyone, I just did a little digging on the HP site and found this. It lists all the terms and conditions
    Touch Inspiration
    I'm new so I don't know how to hyperlink yet.

-Jon Von
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Hey everyone, I just did some digging on HP's website and found the rebate form and information for the 32GB touchpad. Here's the link:
    Touch Inspiration

From a quick look it appears you only need to have purchased a qualifying phone at some point and still have the serial. It doesn't say it still needs to be activated. It also says that the rebate is eligible only for product on hand and NO substitutions with other products are eligible. I would guess that means people that got the free upgrade from 16-32GB aren't eligible for this rebate. Just a guess though. Hope this helps.

-Jon Von
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    DLed, filled out, and ready to mail!
    Nice find!

Funny that there has been no palm blog or tweet about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Nice find!

Funny that there has been no palm blog or tweet about it.
    yet.
    thank you! I was hoping it was going to show up somewhere, because I never got one emailed to me from HP.

(side note - the touchpad spellchecker marks “HP” as incorrectly spelled. Haha)
    Jcarucci likes this.
    Thanks for finding this! Downloaded and saved. Now just waiting for Amazon to ship
    I see pandas.
    So one stupid question...what is the 8-digit Touchpad model number? I didn't see any 8-digit items on the sticker (and you'd think that the HP PN would be enough anyhow). The "RMN" matches up with the device model number in the Device Info app -- mine shows "HSTNH-129C". Correct me if I'm wrong, but that appears to be nine digits.

Thanks
    Last edited by Gregg; 07/01/2011 at 01:44 PM.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    So one stupid question...what is the 8-digit Touchpad model number? I didn't see any 8-digit items on the sticker (and you'd think that the HP PN would be enough anyhow). The "RMN" matches up with the device model number in the Device Info app -- mine shows "HSTNH-129C". Correct me if I'm wrong, but that appears to be nine digits.
    On the HP website, the 32 gb TouchPad's model number is TP-32WF-US.

-Jon Von
    Gregg and Darren.DC like this.
    Danke...G*d forbid that I'd be able to find that on the device, in the box, on the UPC sticker or even on the form itself.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
    I have attached a copy of the US HP Rebate Form.

I have added form fields and check boxes.

HP Link
    http://h30014.www3.hp.com/offers/us/...1549&tab=2#tab

Regards
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by graylion; 07/04/2011 at 08:01 PM.
    graylion
    gollyzila likes this.
    Form's for US only. Guess the Canadian program has not started yet.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Link to the attached rebate form is not working; it brings up a blank page.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Nice. Thanks for posting.
    From the rebate form:

All HP authorized retailers are eligible, including: ABL, Amazon, Best Buy, D&H, Fry’s, HHO, Micro Center, New Age Computers, Office
    Depot, OfficeMax, Costco, QVC, Radio Shack, Sam’s, Sears, Staples, Target, Toys "R" Us, and Walmart.

Toys "R" Us is selling the Touchpad?
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    From the rebate form:

All HP authorized retailers are eligible, including: ABL, Amazon, Best Buy, D&H, Fry’s, HHO, Micro Center, New Age Computers, Office
    Depot, OfficeMax, Costco, QVC, Radio Shack, Sam’s, Sears, Staples, Target, Toys "R" Us, and Walmart.

Toys "R" Us is selling the Touchpad?
    Not surprised. TRU is known for good electronics deals sometimes. In particular cameras and netbooks.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Has anyone contacted HP regarding what to do in the case of people who have warranty replacement Pre? I bought my Pre on launch day and as I am filling this out, I realized that if I dont have the original box at home, I do not have the S/N of that original device. I hope this doesnt preclude me from getting the discount.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast