Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    wait how do you apply for this rebate. i bought a pre on july 5th
    Quote Originally Posted by ishmoo21 View Post
    wait how do you apply for this rebate. i bought a pre on july 5th
    It was a rebate for previous owners of the Pre/Pixi (Plus) that then purchased a TouchPad. You also had to submit it within 45 days of the date on the reciept your TouchPad purchase. The TouchPad purchase also had to be before the end of July.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    got my rebate acknowledgment e-mail in tonight for my pre and wife's pixi. Just wanted to let you know. I sent mine in on July 30th.

Thank you for participating in the Touch Inspiration - BTS11 promotion.

We have received your submission. Please allow 8 to 10 weeks for processing.

You can track your status online by going directly to http://h30172.www3.hp.com/04status/Status.asp?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I'm an original launch day Pre owner. I also purchased the 32 gig Touchpad from Amazon on July 7th and quickly submitted my rebate in the mail and like everyone else I hadn't heard a peep from HP about it. Then when the anouncement and subsequent firesale happened I thought, wow, I'm going to get the difference refunded abd will have only paid $149 for it. Awesome...but I quickly realized that Amazon would have none of it and wanted to only offer me a full refund,no price match. Seeing that I love my Touchpad and it sold out everywhere I didn't want to give it up. I kept calling Amazon though, encouraged from the few posters here that were having success at getting a price match. I finally convinced Amazon to give a price match and had $440 credited back. Then just 30 minutes ago I got an email from HP stating that I should receive my $50 rebate within 6-8 weeks. So I end up getting the 32 gig TouchPad for only $100!!!!! Combine that with the $50 app promo code, $50 bucks basically.

No, I don't feel bad at all,not after the crap HP has pulled and the fact that I'm still using my Pre because I held out for a new webOS device. As effed up HP has handled all of this at least they Kept their word in regards to the rebate!
    personally I don't understand why anyone would have spent $499 for this tablet when the ipad and samsung were out there for the same price...but that's just me
    Quote Originally Posted by tvc15 View Post
    personally I don't understand why anyone would have spent $499 for this tablet when the ipad and samsung were out there for the same price...but that's just me
    Because the TouchPad is better at real multitasking then any other tablet out there including those 2 you mentioned
    Also because we are webOS diehards
    Oh, and I still have my launch day Pre too (well, replaced like 4 times after the first one "fell" from the roof of a two story house after more then a year with me )
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    TheDewWorm and bluenote like this.
    Well haha, I don't think I'll ever be a webOS diehard. You're right about the multi-tasking, it does do a fine job. I just have a real hatred of the browser, worst i ever used. I've had quite a bit of opportunity to check out the Ipad and Samsung. I am not an apple fan at all, in fact to be honest, my first apple product was the ipod touch and it really made me hate everything about apple. I couldn't stand it that after updating to IOS 4 Steve Jobs wouldn't let me go back IOS 3. I swore then i would never buy another apple product. But there is one thing, when i held an Ipad, a Samsung and a touchpad, the Ipad and the Samsung oozed of quality while the touchpad with webOS just had a cheapness to it. But everyone has their own opinion. My touchpad was $99, I wouldn't have spent a penny more for it.
    Has anyone out there received their $50 rebate yet from HP for being a Palm phone user? I know rebates take a while, but can you please post when you do receive it? I'm just curious to know if HP will actually follow through amid the Touchpad insanity.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Yesterday I received emails from HP acknowledging my two rebates and stating it would be another 8 to 10 weeks to process.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    I also received email confirmation that they have entered my rebate.

That being said, these are mail-in rebates. Never expect a mail-in rebate check earlier than 5 months from when the rebate period ends.
    Ho do you get the rebate?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    In order to get the rebate you had to already own a "legacy" device (Pre or Pixi -/+), buy a TouchPad before July 31 and mail in the rebate form that was online. I received my confirmation of the rebate yesterday as well.
    <<threads merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by sczajka View Post
    In order to get the rebate you had to already own a "legacy" device (Pre or Pixi -/+), buy a TouchPad before July 31 and mail in the rebate form that was online. I received my confirmation of the rebate yesterday as well.
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by tvc15 View Post
    Well haha, I don't think I'll ever be a webOS diehard. You're right about the multi-tasking, it does do a fine job. I just have a real hatred of the browser, worst i ever used. I've had quite a bit of opportunity to check out the Ipad and Samsung. I am not an apple fan at all, in fact to be honest, my first apple product was the ipod touch and it really made me hate everything about apple. I couldn't stand it that after updating to IOS 4 Steve Jobs wouldn't let me go back IOS 3. I swore then i would never buy another apple product. But there is one thing, when i held an Ipad, a Samsung and a touchpad, the Ipad and the Samsung oozed of quality while the touchpad with webOS just had a cheapness to it. But everyone has their own opinion. My touchpad was $99, I wouldn't have spent a penny more for it.
    You're right - to each their own, and that's why it's great we have choices. No one's asking you to be a webOS diehard (at this point, I think it'd be silly to do so with HP's massive CF recently), but just enjoy your new Tablet and give it a fair shake.
    dabombcra likes this.
    yup got the same email too. once i get it, my 32gb model will end up costing me only $100. this rebate, the price drop, and the $50 app rebate.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    I sent my rebate pretty early, but go nothing back. Not even an acknowledge email. I knew it would take a while for it, but I didn't know I would hear something back. I am really upset now and don't know my options.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    I just called HP SBU and they are crediting $450 + tax on my credit card so as far as I'm concerned I got my $50 rebate and plus a bonus of $50 of free apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    I sent my rebate pretty early, but go nothing back. Not even an acknowledge email. I knew it would take a while for it, but I didn't know I would hear something back. I am really upset now and don't know my options.
    From the rebate form:
    Receive: Your rebate check as specified. Allow 8–10 weeks for processing... If you have any questions regarding this offer, please call the HP and Compaq Rebate Center at 1.888.385.5410.
    Also,
    For additional details or to check your rebate status online, visit www.hp.com/go/touchinspiration
    If you click on "Check Your Rebate Status" on the left-hand side you can see what state it's in. Mine is still on step #1 -- Your submission has been received and is being processed.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
    bnceo likes this.
    Just an update got an e-mail last night/this morning, that my rebate had been processed and approved. 2-4 weeks I should see my money.

HMMMM, $50 towards a Pre2???
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast