Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Let's see if the PC folks can get an official confirmation from HP on this.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    I'd bet HP will not rebate anything - instead expect users to go to the place they bought the TP from and get a price match (or return it - for those that can get such a thing it seems most places are doing it but not all). I got $488 back for my 32GB TP from best buy (bought my TP on july 1st).
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    i have this sinking feeling that the $50 in app credit was issued to make up for this credit that they will not honor anymore.. It says this on the rebate form.. "HP reserves the right to modify or withdraw this promotion at any time".. That gives them the right to do whatever they want. I really don't think they care if they **** off early adopters considering they are out of the marketplace..
    I don't know that they could withdraw it after the fact. That reads more like if they got 10000 submissions the first 2 weeks they don't have to carry it through the entire July 31st term.

With everything HP has been doing I can't imagine they would yank this rebate from folks that bought before the price drop. Especially since the "loss" should have already been calculated in their 3rd quarter earning (yeah I know these can be adjusted).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    have a pre as well...going to give this a go!
  5. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I haven't sent mine off yet, still have a few more days to submit it. Truthfully I'm really not pressing the issue if I don't get it. I already got a steal of a deal on a nice tablet and they have been giving away apps for free that I have been able to take advantage of. If I wasn't able to get the pricematch rebate I would be more inclined to complain, but I got it and so much more so I'm happy.
    Add me to the no record tally.

For the late comers the terms were: Own an active Pre and buy TP between 1 July & 31 July. Must be submitted within 45 days of TP purchase.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I can't speak to the legality of not honoring the rebate but I returned mine for a full credit. Thanks BB. I don't expect or believe I'm entitled to $50 back too. Same would apply if I had gotten a price adjustment. That supersedes the rebate in my mind.
    Ditto
    I submitted my rebate early in July (preorder) and the same message comes up for me (submission not found).
    My understanding is that the purpose for the rebate is to "make it right" for previous webOS phone users who were not going to get the updates originally promised *and* who were early Touchpad adopters. So, I believe we are still entitled to that rebate regardless of the Touchpad price drop but I'm not going to make my self crazy over it. Too much webOS drama lately.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I just called again, because my re-faxed rebate wasn't in the system a week after faxing it. Recording now says wait 10 weeks for rebates to be processed. I spoke with a very nice lady (the rebate people are very polite). They did have my rebate, but they screwed it up. They said I didn't have a valid serial # for the TouchPad, but their record was using the serial number I provided for my *Pre,* provided as proof I was an early adopter, in the space where the *TouchPad* serial number was supposed to go. We straightened that out and she said my rebate will go through now. Of course, they had it all along because I faxed a copy of the UPC. They reallly didn't have good information on this - the nice lady said they needed the serial number from my "iPad."
    go to:
    www.hp.com./go/touchinspiration
    I called the the HP and Compaq Rebate Center at 1-888-385-5410 and it said it can take 10 weeks... UGH!!
    go to:
    www.hp.com./go/touchinspiration
    I called the the HP and Compaq Rebate Center at 1-888-385-5410 they dont have mine and it said it can take 10 weeks... UGH!!
    Mine, too, says submission not found. I suspect (hope?) that the rebate company got deluged with paperwork and is a) slow to fulfill and b) neglecting the website updates in order to process the paperwork faster.
    I called and it wasnt on file and they said it could take 10 weeks to process!

Touch Inspiration

HP reserves the right to modify or withdraw this promotion at any time. If you have questions regarding this offer, please call the HP and Compaq Rebate Center at 1-888-385-5410
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Ditto. I called, but they said wait 10 weeks. I thought 10 weeks was how long it might take to get the actual refund. I expected to at least get confirmation of receipt of my paper work sooner than that.

This is why people don't like mail-in rebates and why it is a sham that companies love to use. They know 1/2 the people won't mail it in, and the remainder won't be diligent about following up on it. They use a PO Box so you can't fedex it and have a paper trail. Using the Unites States Post Office Registered mail is a pain in the ****, and they know it.
    I just hope they don't count "price matches" which are processed in the store as a return and repurchase as a return, since they state that a return voids the rebate.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Just got an email from HP regarding my rebate.

JOHN DOE,

Thank you for participating in the Touch Inspiration - BTS11 promotion.

We have received your submission. Please allow 8 to 10 weeks for processing.

You can track your status online by going directly to http://h30172.www3.hp.com/04status/Status.asp?

Your Tracking ID is: HPMF-5437-****

Thank you for buying HP/Compaq products. We appreciate your business. For more information, including special offers on additional products, please visit your local reseller/retailer or our web site at HP - United States | Laptop Computers, Desktops, Printers, Servers and more

For details on Hewlett-Packard privacy policy, please visit here HP - United States | Online privacy statement
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    I have not received an email yet. Checked the status online site and no record found.
    Thanks, found mine in my email this morning as well.

of course, it ticks me off a bit that I mailed it in about 7 weeks ago and still have to wait 8-10 more weeks for processing.
    sorli likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightdevil21 View Post
    Just got an email from HP regarding my rebate.

JOHN DOE,

Thank you for participating in the Touch Inspiration - BTS11 promotion.

We have received your submission. Please allow 8 to 10 weeks for processing.

You can track your status online by going directly to http://h30172.www3.hp.com/04status/Status.asp?

Your Tracking ID is: HPMF-5437-****

Thank you for buying HP/Compaq products. We appreciate your business. For more information, including special offers on additional products, please visit your local reseller/retailer or our web site at HP - United States | Laptop Computers, Desktops, Printers, Servers and more

For details on Hewlett-Packard privacy policy, please visit here HP - United States | Online privacy statement

Ditto - got it this morning... which is cool, since I could not get Amazon to give me a price adjustment (they will allow me to return it)...