Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    Has anyone gotten their early adopter checks yet? I haven't at all. I'm a little concerned because I can't even track the rebate on HPs site yet (no info received yet). I am already ****ed about all these price drops but I'll be livid if they mess up my rebate.
    It's a mail-in rebate. If you don't have it by October then you can be concerned.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Nothing here either.

Actually makes me feel slightly better that no one has chimed in as having seen info on the tracking site.

I have achieved equality in being ignored.
    I wonder if this means we aren't going to get our early adopter rebate? If they aren't supporting the device are they still going to support the rebate? I know I asked a week ago in a different thread if anyone has gotten it or heard anything, but in light of the recent news I want to ask again 1. Has anyone gotten theres to heard ANY news on it? and 2. Do you think we ever will?
    I am pretty sure there is some form of legal obligation here. Once again, this isn't bankruptcy protection, and they say they are still operating the webOS software division.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    You're not going to lose out on that money. Luckily for me, I waited to cut off the UPC code so I can still return it!
    Any word if were still going to get these even with the firesale pricing? If so its crazy to think I will have paid hardly anything for this tablet with the $50 rebate and $50 app credit and price adjustment to match the firesale price.
    They set the terms of the deal, we showed our eligibility meeting those terms, so we basically entered into an agreement or contract with them. Unless they declared bankruptcy, then I can't see how they could back out of this. Most rebated of this nature take a while to process, and are probably being fulfilled by a third party. They probably already know about how much they accountable for given the date has passed. They know how many rebates were submitted and can probably guess fairly reliablywhat percentage are not going to be eligible.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I sent mine in a few weeks ago and have not received the refund yet. I have been able to use the $50 App Credit to buy some apps though.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    I just received a response from HP.

"We are unable to locate your rebate submission in our database. If it has been more than six weeks since you mailed your submission, please resubmit copies of all of your documents to:"

Nice, except I no longer have my upc code.
    HP has dropped the ball again! My new Bestbuy friend, June waited for the fire sale to pick one up for herself. Smart thinking because we may never see that rebate. Welcome to WebOS June..I hope you enjoy the best mobile OS on the market right now even if HP thinks the hardware sucks!
    "To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail."
    ~Michael Jordan

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
    ~Author-Sir Colin Spedding

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. ~John Kenneth Galbraith, Money: Whence It Came, Where It Went"

Finally upgraded and dual-booting HP TouchPad running CM9. Look out world, here I come, ready or not! Now rocking the cancelled AT&T Pre3 no thanks to HP!
    they intentionally lied.

While they claim that "have no record of my submission," I find it very suspicious that not one poster has indicated that they have been paid or even had their submission acknowledged. I believe strongly all of these rebate requests are sitting in a box somewhere and that HP has no intention of ever fulfilling them.

And by the way, this Touch Inspiration rebate was for early adapters of the webOS system, not early purchasers of the Touchpad. It was for prior users of the Pre, etc. It was HPs way to "make it right" for those early adapters. The fact that any of those purchasers were able to get a credit or "price match" should not absolve HP of their responsibility. Anybody could have gotten the $99 or $149 firesale price. If you owned a Pre you should have gotten your $50 rebate on top of that. I predict no one will see that money.

We all have seen how they "made it right" in other ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3putt View Post
    I just received a response from HP.

"We are unable to locate your rebate submission in our database. If it has been more than six weeks since you mailed your submission, please resubmit copies of all of your documents to:"

Nice, except I no longer have my upc code.
    It says right on the form (as it does on every other mail in rebate form for every other company), "Keep copies of materials submitted". A scanner or digital camera makes that pretty easy to do.
    Maybe I'm being way too understanding, but HP can't be all that organized and focused right now on our rebates. Plus rebates usually take a while to get processed and finally mailed out by these corporate bureaucracies. Yesterday, I got $460+ refunded back to my credit card by Best Buy, so I guess right now I'm just pretty darn happy I got that back for my shiny black tablet. If the $50 check does make its way to my mailbox in the next month or so, that's icing!
    VCI_Cell likes this.
    Orion: True, I should have kept a copy, but it's also true that the promotion requires submission of the original UPC.

& it's also true that no one has indicated that HP has acknowledged receipt of their rebate request.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3putt View Post
    they intentionally lied.
    I wouldn't go that far, the submission deadline hasnt even passed yet, so it's not super surprising that they haven't processed all of them. In most cases I usually have forgotten about any rebate by the time the check shows up.

Seeing that submission deadline doesn't close til mid september, I wont worry after that if noone has heard anything. Especially knowing HP has resources focusing on more pressing matters at this time. The firesale has crippled their website and slammed their phones/customer service. Also with the knowledge that they are trying to get more stock to continue the fire sale, I do not question HP putting resources into getting the stock out while the item is hot.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Aren't MIR usually processed by outside companies? That's why they all seem to be sent to El Paso or Mesa. Anyway, the processing time for this rebate is 8-10 weeks, and the touchpad hasn't even been out that long yet.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I called their rebate line because they had no record of receiving mine after four weeks. They were very nice, told me to resubmit via a specisal fax number, and that it was OK if I could no longer provide the UPC (though I had a scan of it). The fax number is only available from them as a remedy for a rebate submission lost in transit.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I too have heard nothing back. Odd that seemingly everyone's information was lost. I guess it must be our individual faults.
    I might call them eventually. But I sort have written it off. Thanks to Best Buy I have my 32gb for $149 and a $50 app credit used, so I can't complain too much at this point.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    What is the customer service line to check your rebate? Thanks in advance!

Edit: Got fax # to re-send 877-646-3718 (attn: HP Awards)
    Last edited by slusmiles; 08/23/2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Adding new info
  20. Gab
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I had absolutely no problem to get my rebate (buy my TP july 5 in france).
    So for french users who bought their TP at FNAC (french reseller), all you you have to do is going back with your TP and asks for the rebate. It took me only 10 minutes.

Last but not least, the rebate was based on my purchase price, so since I bought my TP 579 , i got 450 back directly on my account :-)