Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Has anyone contacted HP regarding what to do in the case of people who have warranty replacement Pre? I bought my Pre on launch day and as I am filling this out, I realized that if I dont have the original box at home, I do not have the S/N of that original device. I hope this doesnt preclude me from getting the discount.
    Great question! I am on my first replacement as well.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Sweet, thanks for the reminder too. The form won't pull up on my Touchpad. Works just fine on my iMac.
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    Great question! I am on my first replacement as well.
    I pulled my launch-day Pre box and couldnt find the serial number. I also looked on my profile but no luck there either. So I made note on the form that its a warranty replacement.

I am now concerned with mutilating my box to send them the only UPC label in case I have to return it for a warranty repair/claim. Why dont they just ask for your Palm profile so they can just check it? Oh well...guess i'll just make a photo copy.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Filling out the rebate form now. Found all the numbers EXCEPT model #--8 digit. Any ideas? Thanx in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmalena View Post
    filling out the rebate form now. Found all the numbers except model #--8 digit. Any ideas? Thanx in advance.
    hp-32wf-us
    I may have read it wrong but the upc is NOT from the Pre but from the TP.
    If we own a pre and pixi, do you think we can submit both for 1 touchpad?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    hp-32wf-us
    Thanks! Just what I needed.
    the sales receipt for the "qualifying" purchase - is that the original sprint pre receipt or receipt for the touchpad or both?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Awesome find.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    Thread cleaned. In this thread, members are asking for advice about how to file the rebate. This is NOT the thread for debating whether the rebate is HP's attempt to "Make things right."
    NEED help with the language of the rebate. I'm almost sure the sales receipt for the "qualifying" purchase - that's the receipt for the touchpad (they don't want my receipt for the original sprint pre from 2 years ago just serial number),

can someone confirm this.
    From the original email from HP:

What you’ll need:
    1. Serial number of your eligible webOS smartphone*
    2. Receipt from your 32GB TouchPad purchase
    3. UPC code from your TouchPad package
    cyberprashant likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3putt View Post
    I may have read it wrong but the upc is NOT from the Pre but from the TP.
    Correct, they want the Touchpad UPC.

My Pre is not even active anymore (I use it Wi-Fi only) so I hope they are not concerned about whether the phone is active or not.
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I pulled my launch-day Pre box and couldnt find the serial number. I also looked on my profile but no luck there either. So I made note on the form that its a warranty replacement.

I am now concerned with mutilating my box to send them the only UPC label in case I have to return it for a warranty repair/claim. Why dont they just ask for your Palm profile so they can just check it? Oh well...guess i'll just make a photo copy.
    I was thinking the same thing on the box.

As far as replacement, it doesn't say it has to be a launch day Pre, just a device prior to Pre2
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Make sure you print out the rebate form, too.

And thanks Pre Central and members for this thread! HP TouchPad Support did not there was a rebate. But she said she was tech support, not marketing, which is reasonable I guess.

The $50 rebate pretty much covers the price of the sweet little TouchStone I bought, too....
    is this link dead?
    It's working now.
    perfect but there still isnt anything for canada or the rest of the world
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Is it too early to worry that the status of my "make it right" $50 rebate submission can't be found on the HP rebate site? I sent it out on 7/7 and figured the status should be "received". Neither lookup by address or phone number finds it in the system.

I know there is a 10 weeks processing period, but you would think that they should be entering rebates into the system as they come in so we know that they are in the queue.

Anyone see their rebate status?
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast