Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    Can the TouchPad do any kind of video out?

The iPad can do this if you buy an adapter. Is there such a thing for the TouchPad?

Thank you,
    Neal
    Unfortunately there isn't. A huge oversight on HP's part. One of many they have made.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Unfortunately there isn't. A huge oversight on HP's part. One of many they have made.
    Like Hiring stupid CEO's
    Which do you think was the biggest mistake?

1. No video out.
    2. No microSD slot.
    3. Initial pricing the same as iPad 2.

If there is ever to be a real iPad killer, it cannot have any of those shortcomings. Since iPad has such a hold on the market, a solid competitor will have to offer just as much at a significantly lower price or offer significantly more at the same price. To offer about the same at the same price was idiotic.
    Quote Originally Posted by rghilliard View Post

1. No video out.
    2. No microSD slot.

If there is ever to be a real iPad killer, it cannot have any of those shortcomings. Since iPad has such a hold on the market, a solid competitor will have to offer just as much at a significantly lower price or offer significantly more at the same price. To offer about the same at the same price was idiotic.
    Why does it always have to have a microSD slot?? :/ I like internal and I don't like relying on cheap pieces of hardware that may slow down the machine and even worse I do not like trying to figure out which SD card to buy so that it won't get faulty in less than a year.
    Having an SD slot doesn't require anyone to use one, but it would sure be nice to have the option. Even a cheap feature phone comes with a microSD slot.
    pricing
    vanzanthp likes this.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    It should have a slot for SDHC so I can load pictures from my camera. Not for its own storage but to import data from elsewhere.
    Pricing is number 1. SD slot would come in super handy and would be nice to have.
    Having an SD slot doesn't require anyone to use one, but it would sure be nice to have the option. Even a cheap feature phone comes with a microSD slot.
    Cheapf feature phones have one because they can't afford the internal flash :P
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    Pricing is number 1. SD slot would come in super handy and would be nice to have.
    The buying phenomenon in the last week just proved your point.... Pricing IS number 1.
    vanzanthp likes this.

1. No video out.
    2. No microSD slot.

but we have touchstone...
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    It should have a slot for SDHC so I can load pictures from my camera. Not for its own storage but to import data from elsewhere.
    You can load pictures from your camera - plug it into your computer & copy it over... :-p

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Who says that a future HDMI out accessory wasn't in the planning originally?
  15.    #15  
    With that USB functionality that was recently found, any news on video out?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Is there anyway to get the touchpad display out to TV or something?

thank
    There's no video out. It wasn't designed to include it.
    <threadsmerged>
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Is it possible to get video out of the touchpad?

thx
    i would have to say no
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast