Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    The conspiratorialist in me loves to think that this was the plan all along: ignite a firesale and frenzy the likes of which hasn't seen since Cabbage Patch kids, saturate the market with TouchPads so that HP has the second largest market share, then say, oh, "just kidding...."
    Ever more reason why Bradley should've been CEO instead of Apotheker.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 08/30/2011 at 12:02 PM.
    <<threads merged>>
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    This is almost too hard to believe, but this is a direct quote from the article:

Bradley said the company could resurrect HP's short-lived TouchPad tablet computer, which was introduced on July 1 before being terminated only about six weeks later.

"Tablet computing is a segment of the market that's relevant, absolutely," Bradley said.

At this point, I don't know whether or not I'd be totally p***ed at HP or glad to see them bring it back. They've got more waffles on board right now than the Waffle House. I guess the old stock market tanking your stock down to less than half what it was worth a few weeks ago will get anyone's attention...

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by tozz View Post
    The conspiratorialist in me loves to think that this was the plan all along: ignite a firesale and frenzy the likes of which hasn't seen since Cabbage Patch kids, saturate the market with TouchPads so that HP has the second largest market share, then say, oh, "just kidding...."
    Well almost.. More like "OK Samsung, how much are you going to pay for WebOS now??"
    Well... Bradley is showing his face, but... where is Leo?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    This is interesting its like HP is in corporate Chaos, no direction the wind blows they go

I keep Saying it: HP FIRE LEO A. He's clueless and was a mistake lick your wounds and rebuild confidence or you will loose
    and fire Leo the heartless!
    man...more an example of really bad reporting. I especially like the business insider title which attributes a quote to an 'HP Exec' which is merely an inference by the Reuters reporter.

I'll echo the request to see the question and Bradley's actual response beyond acknowledging the relevance of tablets in the market. Shoot, Leo did the exact same thing in the analysts call when he acknowledged that the effect of tablets on the market was real.

This is just reporters going for statements they know will get them traffic...not actually reporting anything of value or veracity.
  10.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarion View Post
    and fire Leo the heartless!
    so Leo isn't a lion...he's the Tinman? Anybody else find that ironic?

Of course, this could all be part of that clever scheme to 'say' you are no longer building webOS devices to kick start the world to the wonders of webOS...hey, is that one of those alliterations?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    they may do more tablets, but they won't have webos on them
    Why wouldn't they? They already own WebOS and spent lots of money to develop it, they may ditch WebOS, but if they still made tablets no make sense if WebOS not being used, instead pay microsoft again to use their Windows.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Well... Bradley is showing his face, but... where is Leo?

Best Regards...
    Probably tied up in a backroom somewhere in the HP building with some angry shareholders.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    The Bard likes this.
    Brilliant, bring them back at the original price and nobody will buy them! Everyone will just wait for the next fire sale...
    Someone needs a tablet that sells for $299 or less. Make it with 2gb of onboard with a card slot where you can put I memory.
    <<threads merged>>
    PSG should spin off from HP and Resurrect the TP and then make enough money to buy HP and close it!
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    <another merge>
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Why wouldn't they?
    Because webOS has lost them a good deal of money, and webOS tablets will not sell at a competitive price. HP can't make a profit selling it for what people are expecting to pay for a webOS tablet.

I could see HP waiting things out and giving Windows 8 a try on a tablet, but then again, how much money can you burn through before you decide a market is too crowded for you?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast