Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #1  
    The following link is further confirmation that webOS will survive and thrive, at least in the short term.

HP: TouchPad will receive OTA update for added 'functionality' -- Engadget
    Great news. I had no experience with webOS prior to purchasing my TP, and now that I have it, I love it. It's really a great OS and I'm happy to see HP's commitment to further support.
    Great I wonder what this update will bring
    But they will not "double up" this time
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Will they vow to support the Pre3 too i wonder.
    I read the title of this topic in the voice of the Professor from Futurama in my head. Totally made my day.
    they never said they wouldn't support webos...

still its VERY hard to trust webOS. They also said they were prepared for a marathon...
    Well its tough to swallow the marathon... With the device announcement... Hopefully there will be good news sept 1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    HP: TouchPad will receive OTA update for added 'functionality' -- Engadget

HP may have abandoned the TouchPad, but that apparently won't stop the company from issuing a post-mortem OTA update for its webOS tablet. Yesterday, an HP spokesperson confirmed to CNET that "HP TouchPad owners can look forward to an over-the-air update that will enhance the platform and add functionality and a growing applications catalog." The rep didn't offer any specifics, but reaffirmed that HP remains "fully committed to the ongoing support and service of customers who purchased webOS devices." The news comes on the heels of a Quickoffice HD update that dropped yesterday, and at a time when TouchPads are selling like hotcakes -- which probably explains HP's decision to issue a tweak. Indeed, the company went on to say that it's seen "huge spikes in activations and between 3-5X downloads of apps," since the TouchPad fire sale first launched.

Engadget
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Yesterday, an HP spokesperson confirmed to CNET that
    - "HP TouchPad owners can look forward to an over-the-air update that will enhance the platform and add functionality and a growing applications catalog."

Translation? : Leo told me to say this, but really, dont count on anything from us...

The rep didn't offer any specifics, but reaffirmed that HP remains
    - "fully committed to the ongoing support and service of customers who purchased webOS devices."

Translation? : We like to give you guys hope so that we can crush spirits later on.

To me HP is like that girlfriend who is sorta, maybe, trying to win back your trust after stabbing you in the back and leaving you for more money: I'll take whatever they say with a grain of salt
    viper151 likes this.
    Will i have to reinstall the palm kernel for this update to install or can I keep uberkernel?
    Quote Originally Posted by wydileie View Post
    I read the title of this topic in the voice of the Professor from Futurama in my head. Totally made my day.
    Bhahahaa good one. that made me laugh when I tried it too.
    Awesome news! It would truly be great if they continue to support WebOS in light of them pulling out of tablets and phones now.
    FINGERS GESTURES!!!! Please add it to TouchPad.. it surely add TP functionality!
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    A nice update would be if it could run android apps like the playbook.
    redmist, TPwebOS820 and ap3604 like this.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionte View Post
    A nice update would be if it could run android apps like the playbook.
    Why would HP update to run Android when they want to support webOS?

Its very tiring reading ANdroid Android all the time there is a world out there
    reverendzj, neo999, Rnp and 2 others like this.
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post

The same reason the Blackberry PlayBook is doing it. No one is making apps for the PlayBook and most webOS developers will/are jumping ship for another platform.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post

Why would RIM update the Playbook to run Android apps when they want to support BlackberryOS?

Its very tiring reading "No Android" "No Android" all the time there is a world out there.
    The Bard likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast