Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    The same reason the Blackberry PlayBook is doing it. No one is making apps for the PlayBook and most webOS developers will/are jumping ship for another platform.
    Yeah, just like making the Pre able to work with iTunes saved it.

Oh, wait...
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DS_Palm_Lvr View Post
    Yeah, just like making the Pre able to work with iTunes saved it.

Oh, wait...
    Good point, but who like iTunes anyway? It will be so nice to not have to install a huge and cumbersome desktop application with iOS 5 comes out.

RIM knows it's app store can't compete with Android/iOS. Even the Windows Phone MarketPlace has surpassed the BB market.

"If you can't beat them, join them" is the phrase that comes to mind.
    This is the exact same quote from the statement HP made a week ago, why are all the sites suddenly posting it as news again?
    sounds like the quickoffice update we got yesterday...
    Good point, but who like iTunes anyway? It will be so nice to not have to install a huge and cumbersome desktop application with iOS 5 comes out.

RIM knows it's app store can't compete with Android/iOS. Even the Windows Phone MarketPlace has surpassed the BB market.

"If you can't beat them, join them" is the phrase that comes to mind.
    Unfortunately we aren't RIM , which is a MASTER of COPYCAT!

They steal WebOS UI on their QNX, and now want to become parasite on Android because they can't compete with Android / iOS

Sorry for RIM lovers.. no offense here.. but RIM such a shame company.

They can't innovate anymore, just copy other OS benefit.
    pgarcia likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    This is the exact same quote from the statement HP made a week ago, why are all the sites suddenly posting it as news again?
    actually they didn't say this last week:

HP Exec: We May Resurrect The TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonmarkb View Post
    Great news. I had no experience with webOS prior to purchasing my TP, and now that I have it, I love it. It's really a great OS and I'm happy to see HP's commitment to further support.
    This is what many said would happen. If you get webOS devices in the hands of people who are willing to give it a try, you will notably increase the user base, thereby notably increasing the appetite/market for app development, thereby notably increasing the need/desire for more webOS devices.

I like this. Can I like my own post? I'm not liking ME, I'm liking what is happening with webOS...shining it's light in the darkness of the well that HP dropped it in...thankfully, Lassie told the rest of the world to check on 'Timmy' (the TouchPad) in the well.

Woof!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

NickA and Saltcreep like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Why would RIM update the Playbook to run Android apps when they want to support BlackberryOS?

Its very tiring reading "No Android" "No Android" all the time there is a world out there.
    Well actually believe it or not they are doing it unfortunately.

@NickA no developers are not jumping from the webOS ship. They are jumping on the webOS ship. And that's because RIM has sold like 10000 units and TP probably has sold more than any other Tablet (except iPad of course).
    Take a look at the forums. There a lot of threads saying that this company decided to develop for webOS.
    It sounds like no one at HP knows exactly what's going on.
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    This is what many said would happen. If you get webOS devices in the hands of people who are willing to give it a try, you will notably increase the user base, thereby notably increasing the appetite/market for app development, thereby notably increasing the need/desire for more webOS devices.

I like this. Can I like my own post? I'm not liking ME, I'm liking what is happening with webOS...shining it's light in the darkness of the well that HP dropped it in...thankfully, Lassie told the rest of the world to check on 'Timmy' (the TouchPad) in the well.

Woof!
    I liked it for you
    ght likes this.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    apps and games will resume in HP touchpad catalog. Now is the best time to port apps/games and make some money. Before this sale the touch sold around 200k in 1 1/2 month. Now it has sold more than a million in a week. It is selling like hot cake. Right now is the number 1 selling tablet in the market. Even HP my be changing its mind about webos. The future is looking brighter and brighter for touchpad.
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    Well actually believe it or not they are doing it unfortunately.

@NickA no developers are not jumping from the webOS ship. They are jumping on the webOS ship. And that's because RIM has sold like 10000 units and TP probably has sold more than any other Tablet (except iPad of course).
    Take a look at the forums. There a lot of threads saying that this company decided to develop for webOS.
    Well, that's good then. I'm a c# web applications developer, and I also do iOS and Android apps. I thought about getting into webOS, but then the news broke. I'd consider doing development for it if it's announced webOS will live on, maybe on another device or something. But I can't risk spending time creating apps for a device and/or OS that is no longer being made. There's is a cap on the number of potential customers who may buy an app.
    Well. When I send email to CEO Leo via HP website. After several days I got reply email from HP:

Your comments have been received by HP and have been forwarded to the appropriate people within Hewlett-Packard for review.

Regards,

CEO Customer Relations

Hope this is not just a computer auto-reply. And the feedback will be real.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eduardmc View Post
    apps and games will resume in HP touchpad catalog. Now is the best time to port apps/games and make some money. Before this sale the touch sold around 200k in 1 1/2 month. Now it has sold more than a million in a week. It is selling like hot cake. Right now is the number 1 selling tablet in the market. Even HP my be changing its mind about webos. The future is looking brighter and brighter for touchpad.
    Where did you get those sales numbers?
    I'm hoping this ota fixes some issues like the wifi issue a lot of us have
    Where did you get those sales numbers?
    Rumors and assumptions I'll throw my estimate out there as 500k sold in the firesale.
    Quote Originally Posted by peteostro View Post
    actually they didn't say this last week:

HP Exec: We May Resurrect The TouchPad
    Actually they did say this last week:

HP TouchPad slashed to 89 in UK | News | PC Pro
    webOS OTA updates still coming; device warranties will still be honored | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

It's the exact same quote as the one in the article in the first post.
    ap3604 likes this.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionte View Post
    A nice update would be if it could run android apps like the playbook.
    Hmm, maybe an Android update so it could run apps like Glimpse?
    Hopefully it means a major browser update. My biggest gripe with WebOS has been the lack of some pretty basic features that should be present in a modern browser. That and it just being much slower than it should even after OC and installing various patches.

- Lack of bookmark management (folders, groups, renaming, changing URL etc.)
    - Lack of bookmark sync or import
    - Lack of bookmark "bar"
    - No tabs
    - Doesn't remember login sessions
    - Lack of proxy configuration
    - Lack of user agent configuration

Plus lots of little things
    - Reload doesn't remember position on page
    - No method for jumping to beginning or end of page
    - No view of where on the page you are
    - No option for viewing certain things inline, like PDF.
    I see your point there, but how should user agent be a user configurable thing?

Even for Firefox it's not until you go under the hood in about:config then you can change it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12