Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    Saw it in the mall at ruby tuesday during dinner tonight.
    At first i was like, "oh brother, this guy is eating dinner with ipad in hand"
    Then i noticed "whoa thats a touchpad, cool"

I wanted to ask if he installed preware and how he got it, but i refrained and let him eat. I thought for a second about bringing mine to dinner, but didnt.
    Hope he likes it.

Anyone else see them in the wild?
    HP needed to put a more noticeable logo on the back of the TP and the folio case
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Only one I've seen was at the local Best Buy last week. The employee was setting his new TP up as he told me they had sold out.
    Tikerz and marc539 like this.
    Well, I was tracking the elusive TouchPad through the jungles of the wild Amazon basin...translation, I was surfing the web looking for online sellers who might offer the TouchPad...

The only one I've seen is the 32GB model my coworker picked up for $200 off retail. The day of the big de-nouncement by HP, he rushed it back to Staples for a refund...he's rethinking that decision now that he knows he could have gotten the difference back...but that TP is long gone down somebody else's drain.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Didn't see one, but I had 2 guys a couple rows behind me having a big discussion about webOS the other day. Unfortunately the train was packed and I couldn't move back and join in. Still waiting to see a device in the wild. Would probably be a lot easier if HP had more devices available for the fire sale.
    I saw two people eating with their Touchpads at The Cheesecake Factory this Sunday.
    I've only seen people carrying them out of BestBuy other than my wife's and Dad's. I'm stationed in a pretty small town, though.
    Saw one at the San Jose airport terminal.
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Saw a guy two rows back in church with one.
    I carry mine all on the buses and subway in NYC.
    HP Touchpad 16GB
    Well I've got mine at my desk, does the one I sold my coworker this morning sitting on her desk count?

Other than that, no. But I drive to work so I don't spend a lot of time in the wild myself.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by IanMcB View Post
    Only one I've seen was at the local Best Buy last week. The employee was setting his new TP up as he told me they had sold out.
    saw the same thing....grrrrr

Nope haven't seen any in the wild yet. kinda surprised with how many are out there now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    Anyone else see them in the wild?
    Sure; every time I go out, I just have to look down and there it is!
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madone550 View Post
    saw the same thing....grrrrr
    Hey now, Best Buy employees are people too.
    Other then a couple of people where I work... I haven't seen in the "wild" then again I don't think I have seen any Ipad's either...
    Tell me what's worse: seeing a Best Buy employee enjoying one OR being a Best Buy customer service rep and seeing people return them! Multiple people didn't even want to refund the difference, they just wanted their money back out of indignation or something. I have tried to convince multiple people to keep theirs!

On top of everything, all the Touchpads we get back can't be resold. They get sent off to a service center automatically in our system where they no doubt get scooped up by someone in that process or just tossed in a bin of obscurity somewhere...so sad!
    Quote Originally Posted by horseybob View Post
    I can't talk to you...meanie!

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by cachorropedorro View Post
    I saw two people eating with their Touchpads at The Cheesecake Factory this Sunday.
    Ewww...why would they do that? I mean, we all know what kind of a fingerprint magnet TPs are, but to eat with them...cream cheese all over the gorrilla glass...what a mess.

19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by horseybob View Post
    That's like taking your pet cat on safari and saying you saw a cat out in the wild
    OldSkoolVWLover and agg23 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerwuedo5 View Post
    On top of everything, all the Touchpads we get back can't be resold. They get sent off to a service center automatically in our system where they no doubt get scooped up by someone in that process or just tossed in a bin of obscurity somewhere...so sad!
    Yes, I discovered this the other day. I was in the tablet section and overheard some lady on saying that she just returned hers because it didn't have enough apps. I immediately ran up the customer service counter. It was sitting right there on the counter. So close. No go.

That's about as close as I've come to seeing one in the wild. I didn't even see them in stores on display (I don't visit electronic stores often).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast