Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By spud101
  • 1 Post By jedinat
  1. XP1
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    How to get to the home screen on HP TouchPad?

Is there a different way of getting to the home screen or showing the cards rather than pushing the physical button on top of the USB port?
    Tapping the power button.
    Start an upward swipe from just below screen border and go off the top of the screen.
    You can perform an upswipe.

Swipe from off the bottom of the screen onto the screen and lift your finger off the touchscreen when you are about halfway up it.
    Swipe up from below the screen and you'll minimize an app the same way that hitting the home button does.
    Flick up from the bezel to the mid of the screen and the home screen will be revealed to you.
    Yeah, swipe up from the bottom, thought you were talking about when the device is asleep.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    If by home you mean the screen with all the app icons (a.k.a. the ipad's style of a home screen) you need to do two swiped from the bottom
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Or one swipe with two fingers.
    kevo77 likes this.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I showed my father how to do this today after he'd owned the thing a week. It's something I'd been doing since the first minute of use; he'd watched me do it many times on my own touchpad... I don't get some people. Is there like a block in their brains?

You sit down in someone else's car and you don't have to ask what this wheel does, even though it looks different than the wheel on your own car. Why is it that so many people are so stupid when it come to computers, etc.? They ask me which button is pause on the ipod I lend them--It's the one with the pause symbol!! How do I [do 100 different things] on my email? I don't know!! I've never used that email client before! Let me take .3 seconds to figure it out for you!!! Why won't the TV turn on? I don't know--I hardly ever watch the TV, whereas you do EVERY DAY! But let me show you!

Yeah, tangent.
    Nightburn likes this.
  11. XP1
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    Start an upward swipe from just below screen border and go off the top of the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    You can perform an upswipe.
    Swipe from off the bottom of the screen onto the screen and lift your finger off the touchscreen when you are about halfway up it.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Swipe up from below the screen and you'll minimize an app the same way that hitting the home button does.
    I got it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
    I showed my father how to do this today after he'd owned the thing a week. It's something I'd been doing since the first minute of use; he'd watched me do it many times on my own touchpad... I don't get some people. Is there like a block in their brains?
    I have never seen someone else use a TouchPad before, so I think asking how to go the home screen is a good question.
    Mine came with a short quick start leaflet covering all that kind of thing. Two in fact. You could probably download pdf versions from HP. There's also a full-scale downloadable pdf manual, something like 200 pages. When I think I know everything about it, I'll read the manual right through to discover that actually, I don't!
    I was wondering if there was another way to accomplish this. Thanks all

It seems to me like the physical home button is little weak and could be a breaking point with extended usage over time. Anyway to avoid using it so often is a good thing
    I think its horrible for you to call your father and others who aren't quite tech savy stupid. I'm sure there are subjects you aren't so good at and that doesn't make you stupid, does it?
    Once I found the swipe up on the screen, I haven't used the button since...
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    There's a button on this thing?
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Or one swipe with two fingers.
    I had no idea about the two finger swipe. Very cool, thanks!