1.    #1  
    Just got my TP and set it to check emails every 5 minutes. Im getting emails, but is there no way for it to alert me, via speakers? It only blinks the light on Center Button which can go un-noticed.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I don't personally use notifications but I know you can get them for e-mail (sound that is). Go into your mail application and at the top left hit "Email" and then "Preferences and Accounts". Then under the Accounts list hit on your associated e-mail account and you should find a spot for notifications under "New Message"
    open your email app, click where the email drop down is and select pref and accounts. Click on your email account. Under that make sure your system sounds is set to alert.
    If you can't get any sound to work, restart your Touchpad. This is a known issue that requires a restart.
    Actually there is a way to fix this just requires Preware and the xecutah suite of software. Download from Preware, then load Xecutah then Xserver then Xterm. In the terminal window that pops up, type stop pulseaudio and press enter. Then type start pulseaudio and press enter. Boom, you got your sound back. Works like a charm and only takes a minute once you have the programs installed. Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delgarth View Post
    Actually there is a way to fix this just requires Preware and the xecutah suite of software. Download from Preware, then load Xecutah then Xserver then Xterm. In the terminal window that pops up, type stop pulseaudio and press enter. Then type start pulseaudio and press enter. Boom, you got your sound back. Works like a charm and only takes a minute once you have the programs installed. Hope that helps.
    True, but I wouldn't want people messing around in the test feeds if they don't know what they're doing.
  7.    #7  
    FrozenIpaq had it right, thanks for the fix.