Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I've noticed since tweaking that the touchpad will randomly freeze up when in an app or the web for about a 5 second period. It seems to happen most often a few seconds after opening a new card or going to a new webpage. After 5 seconds or so it will resume normally.

Anyone else having this issue?

Shawn
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Which webOS version do you use (check via Settings and Device Info)? It should be 3.0.2 if not start System Updates (also in Settings). The update will take about 30 minutes.
    me too, maybe something less than 5 sec tho.
    when it happens i usually thought the tp didn't get my fingerpress but i have noticed that that is not the case.
    I've been getting quite a bit of this. Updated, preware installed, logging off, and after getting so annoyed with it, I overclocked to 1.5. I love webOS but this definitely getting old.
    I see this when browsing the web on occasion but I've been assuming it's related to Flash (such as an add or slideshow).
    happens to me on my Pre2 all the time. I chalk it upto webOS.
    Both devices (Pre2 and TMC) have had sessions of getting TMC. Eww..
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    I've only noticed a 1 sec hiccup when using the facebook app. This only happened a couple times though.

I'd suggest elaborating on the "tweaks" you guys are currently using or at least the "tweaks" that you were using when this happens. It would help a lot more for people to provide you with some assistance as well as help those that might be running into the same problems.
    my pre minus does this often.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Happens to me frequently in pretty much all apps. It gets incredibly annoying.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Are you rebooting your TP daily? There is an app for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale46 View Post
    Are you rebooting your TP daily? There is an app for that.
    It still happens after rebooting it.
    This happens to me quite often. I'm overclocked to 1.5, have a bunch of tweaks installed, and am rebooting at least once a day. It still happens and happened before all of my tweaks.

I've got the following patches installed:

add download link option
    advanced reset options
    default to week view
    faster card animations hyper
    hulu fix
    increase touch sensitivity and smoothness 10
    launch with folder view minimized
    max blocker
    muffle system logging
    no vibrate or sound on messaging send
    quiet powerd messages
    reduce minimum brightness
    remove dropped packet logging
    remove tap ripple
    unset cfq io scheduler
    unthrottle download manager

uberkernal and govnah

It happens to me in all apps at some point, but since I'm in the browser, and--because of Hurricane Irene--Accuweather HD a lot lately, I seem to notice it quite a bit there. It's most noticeable when I'm tapping around in an app, or when I'm starting to type. It will hang for about 4-5 seconds.
    Last edited by brandonmarkb; 08/30/2011 at 08:07 AM. Reason: adding info
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    Happens to me frequently in pretty much all apps. It gets incredibly annoying.
    Oh i was so ****ed yesterday. I had a picture of this beautiful girl on my phone. But i was deleting crappy picks in the photos app. I hit the delete button, one file deleted. it moved to the next pic. I hit delete. nothing, i hit delete again. nothing. It had frozen. i hit delete a third time. nothing. after about 15 seconds it woke up and deleted the next three pictures in my photo library including the pic of the beautiful girl i was saving. to quote you "incredibly annoying."
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    I experience this also. Noticed the virtual keyboard lags sometimes. The keys show up couple of seconds later and in bunches. Very annoying.
    It happened a lot on mine, OS 3.0.2. However, it doesn't seem random to me. Everything it starts freezing, it's followed up with a "too many cards" error minutes later. It seems that whenever I have the music player open, I can only open 2 more webpages; open any more browser cards and it will run out of memory and freeze.

Quite annoyed as I haven't ran into the "too many cards" issue with my Pre- for months.
    Quote Originally Posted by intellidryad View Post
    It happened a lot on mine, OS 3.0.2. However, it doesn't seem random to me. Everything it starts freezing, it's followed up with a "too many cards" error minutes later. It seems that whenever I have the music player open, I can only open 2 more webpages; open any more browser cards and it will run out of memory and freeze.

Quite annoyed as I haven't ran into the "too many cards" issue with my Pre- for months.
    Try installing Jstop from preware and see if that helps. It's supposed to clean the memory.
    This happens to me too. Before and after all the patches and overclock. I also have jstop running. It seems to happen the most in the browser and email.
    Froze up a couple of times before the 3.02 update, but I have had no freeze ups since the update.
  19.    #19  
    I performed the 3.0.2 update first thing when I got my touchpad. The tweaks I'm referring to are the Preware tweaks that are listed within several articles that tell how to speed up performance of your TP, including Govnah and Uberkernal 1.5 overclocking.

I decided to test each tweak one by one to see which one was possibly causing the problem, because it didn't do this prior to tweaking. The first one I turned off was the Govnah overclocking to 1.5 Mhz. So far, the PROBLEM IS NOW COMPLETELY GONE!! I set it back to the Palm Profile of 1.2 Mhz and restarted Luna, and I've been running it for about 12 hours and so far there has not been a single freeze.

This may be just from restarting Luna, so I will keep a close eye on it for another couple of days and see if it continues to not freeze. I have a friend who is having the same problem with his and he also has his overclocked to 1.5 Mhz. If mine stays stable, I will try to duplicate the fix with his to see if it is indeed this tweak and not just a fluke with mine.

And just to clarify the exact problem, the system appears to freeze for a 4 to 7 second duration soon after opening a new card or going to a new webpage. This happens in the web, mail, pictures, app catalog, games, quickoffice, etc. Doesn't seem to matter what app it is, but it is pretty consistently about a 5 second freeze. During the freeze you can not type, scroll or anything. You can still go into and out of card view during the freeze, you just can not interact with data in the card.

If the 1.5 Mhz turns out to be the culprit, I will try other overclocking settings to see if I can find a more stable setting for those of us experiencing this problem.

Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    Oh i was so ****ed yesterday. I had a picture of this beautiful girl on my phone. But i was deleting crappy picks in the photos app. I hit the delete button, one file deleted. it moved to the next pic. I hit delete. nothing, i hit delete again. nothing. It had frozen. i hit delete a third time. nothing. after about 15 seconds it woke up and deleted the next three pictures in my photo library including the pic of the beautiful girl i was saving. to quote you "incredibly annoying."
    has happened to me before and it seems like its unresponsive then after a while it will register your taps and swipes....sux you lost your pic, but mine didnt happen in the photo app just regular stuff going through launcher for example

after while of this i would get database is full/almost full error message that never seems to go away, had to do a partial erase to get rid of that message, have gotten it once since updating to 3.0.2 though it automatically did a partial erase on its own
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast