• My second tablet, have another

36 14.01%
  • I can't count that high

7 2.72%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    How many here HP Touchpad is your first tablet?
    First tablet here. We've got a couple desktops, couple latops and a netbook so a tablet seemed like an unnecessary luxury. It still is for me although it was a luxury I could justify at $149 for the 32gig model.
    My first one. I honestly thought I would NEVER get souly based on pricing. I am VERY happy to own one now though. Especially when I thought a kindle was the best I was ever going to get. This thing kicks the living crap out of that little e-reader ha ha. At 250, I would have said no. At 150, I would have been insane not too get one.
    1st one I've owned - though my wife has a 1st gen iPad and my son an iPad2.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    My wife read the breaking news on Fri the 19th and I started looking after she told me how much she really wanted one, so I was able to get the last 16gb from Walmart around here, played with it for 24 hours patched it and then I wanted one too
    Buy Wed this past week her boss at Staples could sell us a 32gb at our discounted price ( 130 plus tax) so I said yes yes and so these are both our first.

She sells the Xoom tablet and Galaxy tab and yet for the money and after I patched these and Updated she likes these better.

I really like mine.
    fellowman39047 likes this.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I have a Nook Color and dual boot it with Android 2.2. Technically it is a reader, so in that case the TP is my first tablet.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtina View Post
    I have a Nook Color and dual boot it with Android 2.2. Technically it is a reader, so in that case the TP is my first tablet.
    My wife has a Kindle 2

I bought it refurbed with the free 3g

She sells the Kindle 3 and at the time it was 189 I saved over $50 buying refurbed and it works geat, it has the same e ink just less flash memory
    At $400 or $500, I would never buy a tablet.

This is my first tablet. I got it free. If more become available at the firesale prices, I'll buy another one for myself and maybe another for family.

That price is higher than some really decent and much more useful netbooks plus they will run pretty much everything my desktops and laptops run.

There are some really decent 10" netbooks that cost $300 or less that would serve me very well.

During these two weeks with the TouchPad, I have come to like webOS a lot. I hope it survives.
    Last edited by jblather; 08/30/2011 at 12:06 AM.
    It's my first. I was planning on getting an iPad sometime within the next year or two. I expect I'll still go with an iPad eventually, but I couldn't pass up a $99 tablet. I'm really pretty happy with WebOS, and I'm already moderately dependent on the tablet for reading Kindle books and writing on the go. (I already had an iPhone and I was reasonably happy reading things on it, until I got the TouchPad.)

I sold myself on the TouchPad as a PDF reader for my research, but that actually isn't going so well until I find an annotation solution. I'm thinking of attempting an Ubuntu install next weekend for that purpose.
    First tablet here. More importantly, it'll likely be my last as well. It does everything I'd need a tab to do. Surf the net, watch vids, and is super portable.
    Quote Originally Posted by black19 View Post
    First tablet here. More importantly, it'll likely be my last as well. It does everything I'd need a tab to do. Surf the net, watch vids, and is super portable.
    I concur.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Yup, my first tablet (I have a desktop, laptop and iPod Touch).

I love it for what it is (and the fire-sale price) but I still look at those iPad music making/controlling apps and wouldn't mind if someone got me one for Christmas ... Then I fancy a casual Flash-based browse and realise the world isn't such an unjust place ...
    Yep its my first tablet, never even had a smartphone before. And to be honest I don't think I would have ever considered purchasing one if it weren't for the incredible price.

However, now that I've entered the realm of tablets, I am intrigued.
    first tab -still using old pre-

wanted the Tpad from day 1...but would never pay the price...same with iPad to much $. I snagged a 16gb $99 special.
    I'm in the camp that I don't think you need a tablet. But for the price it goes beyond rational. Having it now..I only used my laptop a few times in over a week... Can't wait to get a case so I can take it out of the house! It does all I need it too..and now with doc editing...it can do all I need
  15. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    my first and last unless someone has a firesale when I need to replace this one. I like what the touchpad does but a tablet is still an item I would not pay full price for.
    Nearly my first. As in, the tracking has now shifted to 'out for delivery' from the depot 20 miles away. I am breathlessly scanning the horizon.

I've had a variety of eInk readers and an Android Galaxy S phone though.
    My third tablet actually.
    I had an iPad, my daughter dropped it and broke it.
    Replaced it with an Android tablet (thanks Best Buy Black Tie)
    And now I have the TP.
    My first. I have a desktop and laptop, as well as droid phone and itouch, so never really felt the need for a $500 tablet. I actually got this one through work, however I really like it and its great, now to just figure out a way to tether my droid phone to it and it would be perfect. Once the firesale hit, ive been trying to find one for my parents, hopefully some more will popup somewhere.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    My first as well. I had planned on saving up to get an iPad eventually, like when version 3 hit the shelves. Now having the TP for little over a week, I am in love with WebOs and I don't see myself going to the iPad.....at least in the forseeable future. I have nothing against any of the companies, I even own a 27" iMac, but I love this little thing. I even went out and bought a Pre 2 yesterday just so I could have WebOs on my phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    Nearly my first. As in, the tracking has now shifted to 'out for delivery' from the depot 20 miles away. I am breathlessly scanning the horizon.

I've had a variety of eInk readers and an Android Galaxy S phone though.
    Did you order some binoculars? If so, take a breath and then scan the horizon with those!

I'm still trying to find one. Maybe the HP FS2 (Firesale 2) will happen and give me a fighting chance? I've made a bunch of calls to BBs, Staples, Officemax/depot/etc., Walmarts....no luck. It's funny how the greeting message at Bestbuy says "we are currently out of TouchPads, we will update this message if things change" or something like that.

If I get one, this will be my first tablet...so I haven't voted yet.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast