36 14.01%
  • I can't count that high

7 2.72%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    It's my first. I was planning on getting an iPad sometime within the next year or two. I expect I'll still go with an iPad eventually, but I couldn't pass up a $99 tablet. I'm really pretty happy with WebOS, and I'm already moderately dependent on the tablet for reading Kindle books and writing on the go. (I already had an iPhone and I was reasonably happy reading things on it, until I got the TouchPad.)

I sold myself on the TouchPad as a PDF reader for my research, but that actually isn't going so well until I find an annotation solution. I'm thinking of attempting an Ubuntu install next weekend for that purpose.
    Yeah I thought I would get like Ipad3 or a 2 when 3 comes out but this was too good to be true and its pretty good no need for Ipad now
    This is my first tablet too. *Before the Touchpad I didn't feel like I needed a tablet. *Now I use my Touchpad every single day.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    How many here HP Touchpad is your first tablet?
    I own four desktops and six laptops and I never could justify to myself spending $300- $600 on a tablet given their limitations. All that changed when I was able to snag the 16GB TouchPad from HP's website for $84.99 last week (used $15 coupon code). Now that's a price I can justify, even given a tablet's limitations!
    This is already my fourth tablet (fifth if you count the the Nook Color) and yay, looks like FedEx already delivered my order!
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    This is my second. My main tablet is an Eee Pad Transformer.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    This is my second. I have a Xoom also
    Quote Originally Posted by bxborn31 View Post
    This is my second. My main tablet is an Eee Pad Transformer.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Same, though I might consider selling it if a Go client like KGS server ever comes to webOS.

Sent from my HTC Eva 4G using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4 View Post
    1st one I've owned - though my wife has a 1st gen iPad and my son an iPad2.
    same here, my first tablet, but my wife has a iPad1. I have an HTC Thunderbolt phone (replaced an iPhone). I also have a Kindle 3.
    Second tablet, my first is an Ipad1 and most likely will definitely not be my last. For me tablets fill the void of portability and convenience. In fact my laptop remains stationary at my office desk now and the tablets go around the house with me, especially for just web surfing, gaming, and of course e-books and mags in the bathroom.. And lets face it, as thin and light as laptops are becoming, the next evolution of the laptop is most surely to be full blown powerful tablet pc's.....Just a matter of time.
    Last edited by oldskoolluva; 08/30/2011 at 08:18 PM.
    First - had been considering the TP, the iPad, and the Amazon Tablet. When the fire sale started, I jumped - no regrets - although I would still possibly consider the Amazon Tab!
    my first. Have been shopping around for a while, went back and forth between android and touchpad . Couldn't justify the $300+ on a tablet when I have 2 smartphones 3 laptops and a chrome cr48 netbook. At this price I got one for my wife a 16gb and one 32 for myself. Loving it tho!
    SCK Manager
    Well it's my first full size tablet. I have an Apple iPod Touch 4 and a Dell Streak 5.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    I'm still liking the tablet but I really want the updates to fix the browser!
    Quote Originally Posted by TMed_ATL View Post
    my first. Have been shopping around for a while, went back and forth between android and touchpad . Couldn't justify the $300+ on a tablet when I have 2 smartphones 3 laptops and a chrome cr48 netbook. At this price I got one for my wife a 16gb and one 32 for myself. Loving it tho!
    I am from ATL also, my girl has her masters from UGA. So crazy to see so many from UGA/ATL on here. It was hard to justify a tablet at all with 8 PCs around but we still bought them.
    Lets see...If I go back a couple years, I got one of those HP Media Tablet PC's. Screen flipped around and became a tablet, finger and stylus friendly. Just too heavy, battery life sucked, and it got hot.

Next came the Sony Daily Reader. Not much to say but I like to read. When the HP Slate was delayed/canceled I finally broke down and bought my first Apple product, the 3G 64gb iPad1 followed by the iPhone 4. Skipped iPad 2, it was just a fancier iPad.

I waited til the TP made it into stores for a hands-on. Sadly, I wasn't too impressed, so I decided to give android a shot and got the Galaxy Tab 10.1. Android was a let down, and when HP dropped the price down the following month or so, I couldn't resist and got the 32gb one. hehehe my friends think I have a problem.

Now, loving the TP or more precisely webOS, and won't take much more for me in apps to ditch the iPad. The Galaxy I've been trying to sell or sits collecting dust.
    I wasn't keen on buying any tablets so I didn't thoroughly research them. The $149.99 price point was a no-brainer, though. I was lucky enough to secure one from Amazon

Okay, my brother got me a 3rd Gen Kindle last Christmas but that's more like an e-reader than a tablet.
    Same here, my first tablet. I also couldn't justify it at full price, but for $99 it was a no brainer.
    Tablets did intrigue me, but having a laptop and a Pre 2 I thought I probably wouln't use it much, it would just be a nice to have toy.
    I definately would have bought a TP if I had to choose a month ago, but would certainly have waited for a TP2.
    This firesale is a nice oppertunity to experience a tablet. I see it as a device for the whole family andit will be easy to take on trips.
    It's on it's way at the moment, so I'm exited to see how I like it!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12