Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By dvigilante1
  1.    #1  
    The quick office update really makes a big difference. I have box.net, dropbox, and google docs all connected via the touchpad. Its easy to move files between them including the touchpad itself. This function elevates the TP to a serious contender for my primary workhorse. As a pre- user I'm used to transferring files the hard way via emails and a combo of evernote/gdocs using copy/paste.
    I'm sure other OS have enjoyed this but for the webOS folks this is awesome.

you would think HP would have highlighted this function more.
    tayswg20, sorli and Typo Lad like this.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    You would think HP would have highlighted this function more.
    I couldn't agree more. I think they should have focused more on things like this, rather than touch-to-share, while cool, not very productive with its current limitations.
    why use drop box if you have 50gb boxnet?
    Yes, I agree completely and love the convenience. Only thing I'm missing on webOS is Google Docs support, but then that is just because all my accounts are either on Google Apps or Gmail, but Box.net ROCKS and I love direct access. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Dropbox has an app that you can use to sync all pc's. To use box.net's you still gotta pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Yes, I agree completely and love the convenience. Only thing I'm missing on webOS is Google Docs support, but then that is just because all my accounts are either on Google Apps or Gmail, but Box.net ROCKS and I love direct access. Sorli...
    My Google Docs documents are available to view/edit from QuickOffice....
  7.    #7  
    I was using dropbox before I had a touchpad. All my files are there.

to the other poster- google docs is accessible via Quickoffice you can also open rtf.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    My work web blocker sees box.net as a peer-to-peer site and blocks it so I have to use dropbox at work.
    Box.net has a limitation on individual file size.
    Quote Originally Posted by cerps View Post
    My work web blocker sees box.net as a peer-to-peer site and blocks it so I have to use dropbox at work.
    my work blocks both of them.