Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I just got my Touchpad today and keep trying to update the OS to 3.0.2. It kept saying unable to connect and every once in a while it was saying my software is up-to-date. I contacted HP and it sounded like they pulled the update.

Not sure if they are going to re-post it or release a new one. Has anyone else heard this or had the same issue?

Thanks,
    Craig
    No, just keep trying and restarting until it's done. Just overloaded
    or go to http://palm.com/rom and doctor directly.
    nop, that sounds weird. But my wife's TouchPad did the same thing you are describing and she just repeated the update once more and she got it. On a side note, at her first try we had our wifi kind of slam with 2 laptops, 3 PrPrPr&#$275$; $phones$, $2$ $android$ $phones$ $and$ $3$ $TouchPads$ $connected$ $to$ $it$! $At$ $her$ $second$ $try$ $we$ $only$ $had$ $1$ $laptop$, $2$ $Pr$&#$275$; $phones$ $and$ $2$ $TPs$ $on$ $our$ $wifi$, $so$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $if$ $that$ $had$ $something$ $to$ $do$ $with$ $anything$
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Someone else just confirmed they talked to HP, as well, and they got the same things from them about it being pulled. Maybe there were too many bugs or maybe 3.0.3 is on the way.
    Had the same thing happen today when my Touchpad arrived. I just kept checking periodically and the update popped up. It is downloading right now, but it is painfully slow....
    Twitter: @PK1030
    I really love the webOS system, but this dang touchpad can be a royal pain.

I too cannot bet 3.02 or even quickoffice to update.

It is really irritating.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I just want everyone who is having trouble updating to know that I recieved my touchpad today and encountered the same problem. After several reboots and constantly trying to update it eventually worked.

-UPDATE:
    I have come to find out that it shows I have an update for 3.0.2 and after I download it I check device info and shows I'm still under 3.0.0. I then check for an update again and shows I have an update. I guess I'll keep trying until it downloads...

-UPDATE 2: After re-downloading several times I officially have 3.0.2 68 running on the touchpad. The update does work even though it currently is a pain to obtain it.
    Last edited by skatopias; 08/29/2011 at 08:46 PM.
    Make sure your battery is over 50% or it will not update, even if you are plugged into the charger.
    I too just got the TP today. Haven't been able to update to 3.0.2 68... earlier today it simply told me I was up-to-date, and now that it is later it at least is telling me the update is available. It took a few tries, and the latest time it appeared to do the update, but I checked and it still said 3.0.0 so I am re-running the system update and hoping it will download and stick.

I will then try to tackle QuickOffice.
    I finally got the update... What a pain!

I also finally got QuickOffice.
    And my latest update... it seems to have taken a few hours of hitting the download button, watching the bar slowly go to the right, then time out. A few times it started "unpacking", and get about half way, then time out. But eventually it got all the way through "unpacking" then started a new process, "validating". Now I have a screen that says "installation" of HP weOS 3.0.3 68 will take about 15 minutes and that the device can not be used during the update.

Nothing seems to be happening, so I don't know if it is still doing some install process, or its successfully installed, or yet another stall in the process. Sure would be nice to get some notification of what is going on (Androids at least do that).

I will wait another 15 minutes, check the device status. Hopefully the crush of new users from the firesale have created this hitch in what should be an easy, quick, and smooth upgrade process. I realize the webOS was intended to be more of a hackers environment (verus Apple, designed to be more handsfree), but I couldn't imagine someone with little or no tech savvy tackling these steps.

NEW UPDATE:

The screen just changed, telling me that I needed to recharge before installing the update. I used up so much battery trying to download, unpack, and register the update it couldn't update.:-) The notification told me that it will start the update in 30 minutes (I guess that is how long it will take to recharge past 50%) or I can do the update later. Sleep... who needs sleep. In the words of Waren Zezon, "I will sleep when I'm dead." :-)
    Last edited by rbrusuelas; 08/29/2011 at 11:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I am a newb and received my Touchpad today, how do I find out what version of system software i have on my touchpad. I did run the software update and it shows update completed successfully but I don't see any where which shows system software version, i should see 3.0.2 somewhere

Thank you
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poqonos View Post
    I am a newb and received my Touchpad today, how do I find out what version of system software i have on my touchpad. I did run the software update and it shows update completed successfully but I don't see any where which shows system software version, i should see 3.0.2 somewhere

Thank you
    If you are still running a stock touchpad then go to Launcher>Settings Tab> Device info App. It should show you what version of the OS you are using.
    Quote Originally Posted by skatopias View Post
    -UPDATE:
    I have come to find out that it shows I have an update for 3.0.2 and after I download it I check device info and shows I'm still under 3.0.0. I then check for an update again and shows I have an update. I guess I'll keep trying until it downloads...

-UPDATE 2: After re-downloading several times I officially have 3.0.2 68 running on the touchpad. The update does work even though it currently is a pain to obtain it.
    I went through exactly the same thing from day one. I just finally got it downloaded and installed today, approx. 2 hours ago. YAY!

For anyone else: Don't give up. Just keep trying and eventually you'll get the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by poqonos View Post

Thank you
    Open you app launcher and go to the Settings tab. Click on Device Info. It will show your WebOS version about half way down the page.