Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mikest
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    huffingtonpost.com and foxnews.com are not displaying properly on my touchpad. Most of the news stories pictures are not loading and the site just doesn't fit right on the touchpad screen. Anyone else have this problem or is just me?
    ...Just out of curiosity, why would you read both of those websites?
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I think I can answer this one.
    [sarcasim] The huffingtonpost.com cookies and foxnews.com cookies are at war causing your browser problems. The only way to load them is to never visit one or the other or private browse when you go to either of them or clear your cookies between visiting each other. I wouldn't suggest having both of them open at the same time as this will cause a nuclear explosion of hate and disagreement.[/sarcasim]

Seriously though, some web pages are either written improperly (optimised for certain browsers instead of web standards) or the TouchPad just can't load them properly because it doesn't support whatever web standard was used. I'm away from my TouchPad but I'll check it out later tonight and report back.

Welcome to the forums!
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    well you cant accuse HP of a liberal or conservative bias
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    ...Just out of curiosity, why would you read both of those websites?
    First thought I had when I saw the thread title, "that's some range right there...."

@OP, sorry I am away from my TP, if I get a chance tonight I will take a look. Are you having problems with any other pages around the same time frame, I know on my webOS devices, sometimes when signal/wifi is low I have seen some weird pages because they haven't fully loaded.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I'm having the same problem on Huffington post, but I'm afraid my TP will get locked into an endless loop of propaganda and then explode in my hands if I try foxnews....... The website loads fine, and links to articles work, however none of the images will load that are attached to the stories.. Only site so far that's I've seen this issue....
    Quote Originally Posted by abdwerks View Post
    huffingtonpost.com and foxnews.com are not displaying properly on my touchpad. Most of the news stories pictures are not loading and the site just doesn't fit right on the touchpad screen. Anyone else have this problem or is just me?
    I don't seem to have these problems that you are experiencing on Foxnews.com. However, the videos won't play but that's because I have MaxBlocker installed but I don't care that much for videos anyways.
    There's another thread here, I think it's called "Touchpad Browser issues" started by HardBeatz (an HP employee) that is collecting these issues.