Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Abyssul
  1.    #1  
    Is it possible to speak to someone at HP who is actually in the US about the Touchpad?
    (regarding order status of a HP Touchpad lost by FedEX due to Hurricane Irene)
    Unlikely.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I wish.
    Try Twitter. @BrynaAtHP or @Markathp may be able to be able to put you in contact with the right people.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by uh60james View Post
    Try Twitter. @BrynaAtHP or @Markathp may be able to be able to put you in contact with the right people.
    those two people, Bryna and Mark, are apparently also not US nationals...
    Let me tell you something an HP Employee working in USA told me.

Working for HP, we cannot even get info
    We cannot even order the product from our Internal website
    We were not even given the opportunity to buy our product online before it hit the market
    We in USA still got gimped on accessories, were as HP employees in Canada were given 50% off on there internal website.

So, if HP cannot give any info to there own employee who are customers as well, why would they give us updates .
    Pretty sure Mark works in the US, just came from Canadia. I would like to say the same for Bryna, but could have misunderstood her tweets in the past.

You could try HardBeatZ but he is more Palm tech support so I doubt he will have anything for you, since this is going to be with HP from whatever division you ordered from. If you ordered from Small Bus, I am pretty sure their sales reps are US based (at least the one I had during the preorder period was).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    If the order was lost by FedEx, you should be talking to FedEx, not HP about the package.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    11B1P likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    If the order was lost by FedEx, you should be talking to FedEx, not HP about the package.
    Good point, sorry I missed that.

Is fedex admitting they lost the package or are they claiming delayed at this point?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by SandraW View Post
    those two people, Bryna and Mark, are apparently also not US nationals...
    this statement really bothers me...and I'm a "US national".
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Pretty sure Mark works in the US, just came from Canadia.
    Last I checked, Canadians are not US nationals. (but I do not mind if US and Canada
    mutually agree to merge in to one super-size country )
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Good point, sorry I missed that.

Is fedex admitting they lost the package or are they claiming delayed at this point?
    FedEx wants the shipper(HP) to initiate the claim.
    Last I checked, Canadians are not US nationals. (but I do not mind if US and Canada
    Oh God NO!!
    Sorry thread title was is it possible to speak to someone in the US, I was just clarifying that there are folks in the US that are readily available to assist with various issues.

Also as I said, the small and medium business unit is US based as well. So depending on which unit you ordered from directly contacting the unit may result in speaking with people in the US.

Personally I have used the chat support in the help app to initiate a warranty replacement and it took under 10 minutes.