webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > getting ebooks onto the touch pad.
getting ebooks onto the touch pad.

Old 08/29/2011, 03:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

I have a bunch of ebook/kindle .mobi files on my comp. i would like to put them on my touchpad but i cant get them to go. i even tried adding them through my kindle account but no go. anyone know how to add them?
proxpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/30/2011, 06:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Right now, the best way is to de-DRM the kindle files & read them using pReader. Do a search with your favorite engine & you can find the scripts to remove the DRM and then go to the official pReader thread here for info or questions about using pReader: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...a-release.html
govotsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/30/2011, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxpilot View Post
I have a bunch of ebook/kindle .mobi files on my comp. i would like to put them on my touchpad but i cant get them to go. i even tried adding them through my kindle account but no go. anyone know how to add them?
i found a solution to this problem here

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ks-kindle.html

tried and wrks! HAPPY READING
eddy0090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2011, 06:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm also trying to put ebooks on the touchpad. So far looks like preader is the only program that works (not well) there has to be a better way. Anyone have any advice ?
korasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2011, 07:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Follow this thread and see where things go.
flamand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/2011, 05:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

If you're not able to follow the sideload directions, you might want to try the version of pReader in the App Catalog - it supports mobi & kindle files as long as they have been de-DRMed. To get the most out of pReader, you really need to read the Help & set Preferences how you prefer.
govotsos is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0