1.    #1  
    Just unboxed a pretty new touchpad - first thing I see? Three "starbursts" on the display.

They're not dead pixels. The effect kind of resembles the heat distortion on my old pre, except they're in diamond shaped star burst type patterns.

They're clumped together on the left side. Most visible on bright backgrounds.

Not sure if I can do pictures... None of the cameras I have at the moment have a decent macro.

Oh, for troubleshooting so far: I turned it off and back on again. I updated webos, turned it off and back on again. I poked at it abit.

Anybody else have anything like this? Covered by HP you think?
    The only real way to find out for sure would be to call HP.
  3.    #3  
    I guess that means I'm the only one with the issue...

Well crud.
  4.    #4  
    Well they're having me ship it in for 'repairs'. Hopefully I get it back... :P

They had no clue what it was either, other than it didn't appear to be anything obvious (no, I don't have a screen protector on...). I went through the chat support, though, so ... yeah.
    I have the exact same problem. I only have a single 'starburst' on my screen, and like yours, it's mainly prevalent on bright backgrounds. Let us know how it goes with the "repair". If it's successful, I may send mine in to get it fixed.
    What kind of warranty do you get from HP when you buy these HP Touchpads.

Are they giving you a 1 year warranty.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by lespaulman67 View Post
    What kind of warranty do you get from HP when you buy these HP Touchpads.

Are they giving you a 1 year warranty.
    They're honoring the 1 year limited that comes with the device (it's assigned to the serial number), though they first told me I should take it back to the retailer to exchange it.

Mr. Deadtaco: I'll let you know how it goes... The guy said it'd be about a two week turn around time and they'd call me if they didn't think it was a defect.
    I have one on mine. When I get home from work, I'll take a macro shot of it if no one else beats me to it.