Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I just got my touchpad in the mail and I recovered my profile on it and let everything download, then went to go update and it says its up to date, but when I check the device info it says its runinng 3.0.0 not 3.0.2. Anyone have an Idea on what I can do to make it update?
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    You have to doctor it to 3.0.2. I have no idea why.
    same here.. it says your device is up to date..
    Global Posts
    7,241 Global Posts
    as stated you need to webos doctor it to the updated version.
    clear cache, cookies, history and reboot. If that doesn't work you will have to doctor.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    just keep trying. Took my friend 5 tries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    clear cache, cookies, history and reboot. If that doesn't work you will have to doctor.
    I'm a new TP owner and having the same problem, how do I clear all that stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmale1 View Post
    I'm a new TP owner and having the same problem, how do I clear all that stuff?
    Open your browser and click the arrow in the upper left hand corner where it says "web". Go to prefs, and you will see the options to clear them there.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    just got off live chat with hp and they said the 3.0.2 update was pulled for testing with no eta on when it will be available again.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Pulled for testing? Whoa. Shouldn't that have been done before releasing it? Hopeful wishes would be that they are going to release 3.0.3... Doubt it tho.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I'm in the same boat as the op. I'm currently clearing cache etc. and will see if that helps. If not then I'll guess I'll have to doctor?
    Ill add my 2 cents just opened mine brand new and it says up to date with 3.0 saw that update was pulled just letting others know that they are not alone.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Took me a half dozen tries to successfully download and install. I believe it was due to all the traffic with all the new devices.
    You can still get the update from webos doctor. I couldn't find the camera app from earlier today even though I thought I had updated. Turns out it was still 3.0 so I updated via webos doctor.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    How do I go about doctoring my Touchpad?
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I updated one last night via wifi, took a very long time though. While downloading and unpacking, it stopped and gave me error stating connection was lost. I had to click on Download button like 10 times before it finally updated entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by skatopias View Post
    How do I go about doctoring my Touchpad?
    visit http://palm.com/rom and follow the instructions.
    skatopias likes this.
    I would suggest against doctoring the touchpad to update since there are some reports of people having trouble and "bricking" their touchpads. I just got mine today and the update also erroneously told me it was up to date. However, after 30 minutes or so it recognized the update and i was able to start the download. Just be patient.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    wow you guys where right after continuously trying it decide to update. I want to thank everyone in this thread for your time.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Geez that last post was filled with errors. I meant to say that after refreshing the system update app several times the update finally showed. Thank you all again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast