Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    how many hours does it take to charge the battery? Which is faster, Touchstone or USB?

Thanks!
    USB is faster for sure. From 4% battery life left, mine charged to 100% in about 3 hrs.
    +1
    I have it sitting on my Touchstone sideways while its plugged in. I'm trying to hit 88 MPH.
    I love Nerdy Girls.
    Oh... I should totally follow this BAMF www.twitter.com/demiroquai
    sledge007, horseybob and Dis like this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Demiroquai View Post
    I have it sitting on my Touchstone sideways while its plugged in. I'm trying to hit 88 MPH.
    I've been wondering about that one. Does the Touchpad actually charge when the USB
    cable is plugged in while on the Touchstone?

My family will be in Germany for Thanksgiving this year. Perhaps I should take my
    Touchpad on the autobahn and see what happens. Last time I was there, I was too
    chickent and only got above 200kph briefly.(about 125mph?) Besides, I was in an
    Audi, so no time travel.
    sledge007 and netwrkr9 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SandraW View Post
    I've been wondering about that one. Does the Touchpad actually charge when the USB
    cable is plugged in while on the Touchstone?

My family will be in Germany for Thanksgiving this year. Perhaps I should take my
    Touchpad on the autobahn and see what happens. Last time I was there, I was too
    chickent and only got above 200kph briefly.(about 125mph?) Besides, I was in an
    Audi, so no time travel.
    I have no idea. The battery isn't hot, so I'm assuming that one of the charging methods shuts off.
    I love Nerdy Girls.
    Oh... I should totally follow this BAMF www.twitter.com/demiroquai
    USB.. with their 2amp USB plug. If you use the Pre charger it will charge much slower. It will not charge plugged into your USB port on your laptop.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    USB.. with their 2amp USB plug. If you use the Pre charger it will charge much slower. It will not charge plugged into your USB port on your laptop.
    if I find a 4 Amp USB plug, will it charge twice as fast?

IIRC, isn't USB spec limited to 1.8 A at 5.25v for AC wall chargers?
    probably but you run the risk of frying your battery.
    the touchstone and 2amp adapter should charge at the same speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    It will actualy charge if plugged on the laptop. I've been using this method only since I bought my TouchPad. Probably less efficient than any other method though.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by varavant View Post
    It will actualy charge if plugged on the laptop. I've been using this method only since I bought my TouchPad. Probably less efficient than any other method though.
    I just looked at the specs for my Macbook and the battery is only 5600mAh.
    My other laptop has a 7200mAh battery.

By comparison, the battery on my Touchpad is 6300mAh. I think it's possible
    to use the Touchpad while connected to the laptop's USB port. However, it's
    probably not possible to fully charge the Touchpad.
    I don't know... At least my TP tells me it's 100%...
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

i don't think the mAh of a battery has anything to do with being able to charge it. I think it's more to do with the device's power requirements and if the USB port on a computer is able to supply it.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by varavant View Post
    I don't know... At least my TP tells me it's 100%...
    what size is the battery in the laptop? (in mAh)

the computer USB port puts out 500mA no matter how big the battery.

HP's site states explicitly that touchstone and usb charging from the wall adapter are the same.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I still don't think battery capacity has anything to current supplied to the usb port. it seems like the touchpad needs a minimum of 2 amps to charge (pre charger) right?

i'm pretty sure a computer's maximum current output at its usb port is only 0.5 amps. therefore you can't charge your touchpad?
    Quote Originally Posted by maoshouse View Post
    I still don't think battery capacity has anything to current supplied to the usb port. it seems like the touchpad needs a minimum of 2 amps to charge (pre charger) right?

i'm pretty sure a computer's maximum current output at its usb port is only 0.5 amps. therefore you can't charge your touchpad?
    IF you shutdown the Touchpad down before charging, it should work.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by maoshouse View Post

I used a smartphone USB charger that only put out 0.7A.... the Touchpad does start charging,
    but takes forever to finish charging...(not that I'm surprised)

As for battery capacity... if a laptop's battery is 5000mAh, I don't see how it can possibly
    fully recharge a Touchpad's 6300mAh battery. (if the laptop is plugged into the AC adapter,
    then it's obviously doable... but that's no different than charing the Touchpad with a
    smartphone's USB charger... just takes more time )
    (if the laptop is plugged into the AC adapter,
    then it's obviously doable... but that's no different than charing the Touchpad with a
    smartphone's USB charger... just takes more time )
    Of course I was talking about a laptop plugged into the AC adapter. Sorry for the confusion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast